• No

10 16.39%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Like Tree102Likes

Thread: Kagiso Rabada

First Class Debutant

Kagiso Rabada

I think this guy has potential to be a cricketing great, he has pace and gets the ball to swing both ways and dont forget about that deadly yorker. The question is can he take 300 test wickets, he certainly has the abilities only south African cricket politics can stop him.

Cricketer Of The Year AndyZaltzHair's Avatar
    Very impressed with Rabada so far. Living up to his potential from under 19 hype. Remember him bowling up to 151 k in the India series. He has good head on his shoulder. This maybe early to say but he will reach 300+ in Tests
    Originally Spoken by Brendon McCullum
    You have got to earn the right to be aggressive.
    Supporting XI
    Soumya Sarkar, Liton Das, Pinak Ghosh, Mominul Haque, Mosaddek Hossain, Nazmul Hossain, Shabbir, Nurul Hasan, Saifuddin, Mehedi Miraz, Abu Hider, Taskin Ahmed, Shoriful Islam, Mustafizur Rahman

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    If this is what's said about one good series I dread to think what you'd say after his first bad series.
    We are lost
    We can never go home

Quote Originally Posted by Howe_zat View Post
    If this is what's said about one good series I dread to think what you'd say after his first bad series.
    I have seen him in three series and a bit in under 19 WC. Early days but looks a great prospect to me

Sometimes with bowlers you just know, tbf. It's a lot easier to confidently spot potential in fast bowlers than almost any other kind of cricketer. A lot of us were and are saying the same thing about Cummins and Pattinson; it's just a question of whether they can keep fit without losing their special attributes.
    kingkallis, AndyZaltzHair and FBU like this.
    do you think people will be allowed to make violins?
    who's going to make the violins?

forever 63*

Cricketer Of The Year kingkallis's Avatar
    If Rabada can maintain Ntinisque fitness then he can go on to take 400+ wickets as well. As AZH said, he has a thinking head on his shoulder and he looks very well composed for a 19 year old guy.
    CricZo XI - Draft Dashboard

11 Golds | 14 Silvers

Scorecard Draft - 2010 | Alphabetical Draft - 2011 | The Eras Draft - 2014 | All Time Australia Draft - 2016 | All England Draft - 2016 | Draft By Nation - 2016 | All-time Trading Game - 2016 | Dual 00-10 Draft - 2017 | Dual 80-90 Draft - 2017 | Silent Auction Draft - 2018 | We are NOT #1 - 2018

Cricket Web Staff Member Howe_zat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Sometimes with bowlers you just know, tbf. It's a lot easier to confidently spot potential in fast bowlers than almost any other kind of cricketer. A lot of us were and are saying the same thing about Cummins and Pattinson; it's just a question of whether they can keep fit without losing their special attributes.
    Maybe you have a point about fast bowlers. But we're still only a few years on from Sree>Broad and the like. And even Pattinson was just known in 2013 too, before he had an Ashes being far less effective than actual known quantities Siddle and Harris. And this is before we even get to the Wheel.

The example that really sticks in my craw is Tahir. Before he'd played a Test he was all the rage and was going to be the final piece in the puzzle for South Africa being a dominant team. Then he had a bad tour of Australia and was suddenly a useless laughing stock who (when he did take some wickets against Pakistan iirc) was a reason to mock people for getting out to him.

It's not a competition to see who's right first. Grinds my biscuits a bit.

Request Your Custom Title Now! Top_Cat's Avatar
    Fairly sure it is m8.
    zorax likes this.

hope rabada gets 300+ so i win

/thread
    zorax likes this.

Cricketer Of The Year StephenZA's Avatar
    The example that really sticks in my craw is Tahir. Before he'd played a Test he was all the rage and was going to be the final piece in the puzzle for South Africa being a dominant team. Then he had a bad tour of Australia and was suddenly a useless laughing stock who (when he did take some wickets against Pakistan iirc) was a reason to mock people for getting out to him.
    Tahir was an older journeyman, that already had a reputation. He was just `amazing` compared to SA spinners. If Rabada stays fit he will be in SA team for next 10+ years. And if he continues to show his current promise will be a SA great. What i always hoped Ngam would have been, if not so injury prone.
    "What is a man's eye, but a machine for the little creature that sits behind his brain to look through?" Samuel Butler

Maybe you have a point about fast bowlers. But we're still only a few years on from Sree>Broad and the like. And even Pattinson was just known in 2013 too, before he had an Ashes being far less effective than actual known quantities Siddle and Harris. And this is before we even get to the Wheel.

It's not a competition to see who's right first. Grinds my biscuits a bit.
    Yes but Sree>Broad was patently ridiculous at the time, so that's a bad example.

Bowlers having potential doesn't mean young bowlers can't have a bad series or that they will come good immediately -- and Pattinson didn't have an ineffective Ashes series, he had an ineffective Ashes Test and then got injured, which hardly counts. I am strictly talking about fast bowlers here, Test class spin bowling is a much more subtle and skill- and mind-reliant discipline rather than bowling 150kmh outswingers and whacking batsmen on the head.

From the very little I've seen of him he has a very great deal going for him.

International Vice-Captain The Battlers Prince's Avatar
    Absolutely, I hope he goes on to fulfill his potential. To that end, yes I think he'll take 300+ wickets

Cricket Web Staff Member Black_Warrior's Avatar
    I don't know how many wickets he will end up taking, and I don't know how he will take to test cricket. However, based on what I have seen, what has impressed me most about him is his intelligence. At that age, with so little international exposure, I have rarely seen bowlers know exactly where to bowl to certain batsmen and how best to utilise your own resources. I have seen the likes of Wahab Riaz only figure it out now, after playing international cricket for a few years. Rabada seems to be a thinking bowler. So the signs are excellent, and I am sure he will be guided by the best fast bowling coaches in South Africa. Hopefully he will also learn a lot from Steyn.
    Cricket's moral worldview:

"Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you fall into an open sewer and die."

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend NUFAN's Avatar
    I'm fairly confident I've got this one in the bag..

Very exciting prospect and I really can't wait to watch him with the red ball. Is he any chance of playing the First Test vs India?

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Thread Information