• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the second best batsman ever. 32 player bracket, nomination thread

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Greg Chappell
Steve Waugh
Ponting
Hobbs
Hammond
Hutton
Headley
Weekes
Walcott
Sobers
Viv Richards
Lara
Graeme Pollock
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid
Miandad
Sangakkara
Grace
Trumper
De Villiers
Kallis
Barry Richards
Sutcliffe
Border
Barrington
Ranjitsinhji
Sehwag

28 names now, 4 spots left.

mr_mister

Neil Harvey now has enough, as does Worrell. Kanhai probably still needs a nom or two

Greg Chappell
Steve Waugh
Ponting
Hobbs
Hammond
Hutton
Headley
Weekes
Walcott
Sobers
Viv Richards
Lara
Graeme Pollock
Gavaskar
Tendulkar
Dravid
Miandad
Sangakkara
Grace
Trumper
De Villiers
Kallis
Barry Richards
Sutcliffe
Border
Barrington
Ranjitsinhji
Sehwag
Harvey
Worrell

30 names now, 2 spots left.

Last edited:

mr_mister

the following need 2 more noms to make the cut:

Kanhai
Hayden
Younis Khan

and these guys need 3 more noms to make the cut:

Greenidge
Andy Flower
Inzy
Shiv
VVS
Gooch
Amla

and there are only two places left.

Last edited:

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
How has Amla not been nominated? He and Younis should definitely be there if de Villiers is. Sehwag isnt even worthy of being mentioned in the same breath, ridiculous that he's there.

Last edited:

mr_mister

actually amla has two noms so he falls into the 'needs 3' category. i dont get why so many people are so uppity about some of the noms. sehwag and smith wouldnt have made it to round 2 anyway once the voting started. i made it 32 instead of say 8 contestants for variety's sake. sehwag got the nominations so he gets in.

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Kanhai was a batsman who at his best, was seen by his peers as being the equal to Sobers. Definitely deserves a spot over Sehwag.

mr_mister

though im sure some of this sehwag hype is due to his recent retirement, the man did average 50 @ a strike rate of 80 over 100 tests. is technique that important if youre not getting results?

mr_mister

reading up on this vijay merchant guy he also seems like he deserves a spot. ridic FC average... thought i dont know the quality of bowling he faced in the indian leagues

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
reading up on this vijay merchant guy he also seems like he deserves a spot. ridic FC average... thought i dont know the quality of bowling he faced in the indian leagues
I guess you don't know the quality of bowling he faced for seasons in County Cricket too.

Stace

First Class Debutant
LOL, take a pill Hurricane........been worse names than Steve Smith put forward.

Anyways, I nominate Joe Root.
I will also vote for Joe Root, infact I will use 4 for of my 5 votes for Joe
Joe Root
Joe Root
Joe Root
Joe Root

Now Root is in.