• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricketweb decides the second best batsman ever. 32 player bracket, nomination thread

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shane Watson
Rob Quiney
SS Das
Suresh Raina
Darren Maddy

Last edited:

mr_mister

Kallis has now received enough nominations.

edit - Since there is such consistency in the noms I'll lower it down to 5 required.

So Kallis, Trumper, Grace, Barry Richards, Sutcliffe, De Villiers and Border now qualify.

Which makes 25, which means 7 spots left.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Salman Butt
Salim Malik
Azharuddin
Ajay Jadeja
Hansie Cronje

These five should be able to buy you a win (loss) any time, literally

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
just let pews pick the bracket and then we can adjust his silly mistakes from there

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
It's between Sobers, Viv and Tendulkar for me, probably in that order.

Sobers and Viv for their skill and brutality, and I love the fact that Tendulkar was successful against everyone in every environment over a long time.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
As far as the development of batsmanship ever went there is only one person that should be considered here - the Doc.

He played for something like alomost 40 FC seasons, he invented an array of shots which later became the framework of batsmanship & are still taught today, he was a gigantic attraction of his day & helped popularize the game immensely at home & abroad plus he set records that stood for years & years after his retirement.

Apart from being a complete jerk, a cheater & a shamateur, there is much to like about ol' WG haha.

mr_mister

well, we'll still be considering some others here.

with my second batch of noms i'll go

Ranji
Vijay Merchant
Amla
Younis Khan
& Barrington, meaning he now has enough noms.

6 spots left

cnerd123

likes this
It's only been 12 hours since nominations opened. Should give it alteast 24-48 hours for all the regular members to log in, read this thread, think about their nominees, and then post a response.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah, just chill. The more it's a community thing and the less it's a mr_mister thing, the more people will want to participate with it. There's no huge rush to get the voting underway. I probably would have started with zero automatic entries and just let the noms take their couse tbh.

cnerd123

likes this
Yeah, just chill. The more it's a community thing and the less it's a mr_mister thing, the more people will want to participate with it. There's no huge rush to get the voting underway. I probably would have started with zero automatic entries and just let the noms take their couse tbh.
I would have liked to see this done the same way the 'CW Top 50' cricketers is done - each member could list out 10 batsmen and rank them from 1 to 10 - 1 being the highest and 10 being the lowest. All these rankings could then be combined to see which non-Bradman batsman ranks highest in CW's collective opinion.