• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015/2016 Plunket Shield Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
BFP - Wagner
Athlai - Ellis
Kippax - Kuggs
Howsie - Tastle
Heef - Murdoch
Phlegm - Munro
Hurricane - Clarkson

Hurricane - Young
Phlegm - Flynn
Heef - Bradchopa
Howsie - Duffy
Kippax - Brownlie
Athlai -
BFP -

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
One of my strategies was to get as many Cachopas as possible but thought I could leave them until the middle rounds.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Hurricane you son of a bitch you stole my cake
He deserved to go before Munro. Will Young may average 55+ this season and no one would blink an eye lid at it.

I don't know what will happen with Munro. He may turn into a Hopkins. And simply start to put up domestic 50+ seasons like it is going out of style, or he could get found out. The thing to remember about Munro is the insights SteveNZ has provided on him. He was not a batsman as a youth. That means he will not have many in between shots. He will have cut shots, cover drives, and pull shots, but he won't have quirky personalised ways of working good deliveries for one. That aspect will catch up with him as he will need to take risks during his career under tight bowling to keep things ticking over. And yes I realise he is a fast scorer.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
He deserved to go before Munro. Will Young may average 55+ this season and no one would blink an eye lid at it.

I don't know what will happen with Munro. He may turn into a Hopkins. And simply start to put up domestic 50+ seasons like it is going out of style, or he could get found out. The thing to remember about Munro is the insights SteveNZ has provided on him. He was not a batsman as a youth. That means he will not have many in between shots. He will have cut shots, cover drives, and pull shots, but he won't have quirky personalised ways of working good deliveries for one. That aspect will catch up with him as he will need to take risks during his career under tight bowling to keep things ticking over. And yes I realise he is a fast scorer.
Kinda what I said but not strictly...he probably was a batsman as a youth, but not for NZ u19/club level/Aces when he debuted. But reasonably spot on to the rest of the stuff.

Don't be too proud to pick Lord Grob either Cane. Pettyness is for wives and girlfriends, not proud men.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Kinda what I said but not strictly...he probably was a batsman as a youth, but not for NZ u19/club level/Aces when he debuted. But reasonably spot on to the rest of the stuff.

Don't be too proud to pick Lord Grob either Cane. Pettyness is for wives and girlfriends, not proud men.
You sir are a gun poster. Still won't be taking Donovan though. Intrigued to see when he goes. I predict 7th round.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Phlegm
Heef
Hurricane
Kippax
Howsie
BFP
Athlai

Athlai
BFP
Howsie
Kippax
Hurricane
Heef
Phlegm

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
BFP - Wagner
Athlai - Ellis
Kippax - Kuggs
Howsie - Tastle
Heef - Murdoch
Phlegm - Munro
Hurricane - Clarkson

Hurricane - Young
Phlegm - Flynn
Heef - Bradchopa
Howsie - Duffy
Kippax - Brownlie
Athlai - Smith
BFP - Jeets

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Unfortunately a lot of the players I covet other people are picking. I came into the draft expecting my choices to more unique still plenty of time to go. I wanted Brownlie and jeets for example. I never would have taken jeets even 3 years ago but he gives such good interviews how could you not pick him?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Unfortunately a lot of the players I covet other people are picking. I came into the draft expecting my choices to more unique still plenty of time to go. I wanted Brownlie and jeets for example. I never would have taken jeets even 3 years ago but he gives such good interviews how could you not pick him?
You stay away from Jeets.