• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

2015/2016 Plunket Shield Draft

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Another Team Kippax member (Macewell) confirmed as the worst dud out of the players who didn't miss a game through injury or form.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
How did Seifert do so well? Did he score more runs than I thought or were there wicket keeping points on offer?

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I would have definitely taken a punt on Viljoen if I'd thought about it/known he'd get gametime.
You always seem to do well in these things, and your team looks so innocuous on draft day when we stand back and compare teams. You would make a good manager of a sports team with the ability to spot talent.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
You always seem to do well in these things, and your team looks so innocuous on draft day when we stand back and compare teams. You would make a good manager of a sports team with the ability to spot talent.
You can tell Heef even had good foresight in staying away from pace bowlers often blighted by injury layoffs too, but he was very unlucky with three guys known as pretty dependable in Rance, Quinn and McCone breaking down.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
You can tell Heef even had good foresight in staying away from pace bowlers often blighted by injury layoffs too, but he was very unlucky with three guys known as pretty dependable in Rance, Quinn and McCone breaking down.
It was a blast. Thanks for running it - can't wait for next year's edition.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
That's exactly why I picked Rance and Quinn. I was looking to pick guys who'd play every game. Bugger. McCone was a bit more left-field, but I wanted a bowler who could at least bat a bit as I knew I was light in the all-rounder stakes. That's what cost me in the end.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I watch a decent amount of domestic cricket - haven't this year so much, so might end up with Heef-picks like Chapman and Viljoen next time around.