• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Jake Doran

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Have seen him bat 3 times and IF he can play short-pitched, quick bowling (and tbf, he looked pretty ordinary against MJ early doors) then we might have a real gem on our hands

From a technical perspective, he is waaaayyyy better than SMarsh, Khawaja, Hughes (RIP) and Warner (unfair comparison as Davey brings other things to the table)

I know that there is a huge difference between under age stuff and FC etc but he has been so dominant at lower levels that I'd go as far as to say that IF he has a strong start to the SS season then we should give him a chance in the test side this summer as he could be another Ponting (i.e. very good whilst very young)

Now that I've put the mockers on him, who is the next up and comer? :laugh:

SeamUp

International Coach
Very Justin Langerish from what I have seen.

What is the current pecking order in the selectors minds he has to get past ?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag

He has to get past:

1. Dunk
2. Michael
3. Doolan
4. Bailey
5. Silk
6. Faulkner
7. Paine

To debut for Tasmania.

social

He has to get past:

1. Dunk
2. Michael
3. Doolan
4. Bailey
5. Silk
6. Faulkner
7. Paine

To debut for Tasmania.
Assume that he has been promised a game - Dunk, Michael, Doolan and Silk in danger

Last edited:

social

If you can believe it, SMarsh (11 single figure scores in 27 test innings) and Khawaja (hasn't made a meaningful long-format score since Jesus wore short pants) are in the frame for a test spot

****ing embarrassing that they are even in contention

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Assume that he has been promised a game - Dunk, Michael, Doolan and Silk in danger
Perhaps, but Dunk and Michael have outgunned Doran this Matador Cup and Doolan is a recent Test bat and Silk was the next big thing this time 12 months ago so.. it isn't a forgone conclusion.

1. Silk
2. Michael
3. Doolan
4. Bailey
5. Doran
6. Faulkner
7. Paine

IMO.
That is definitely a possibility. I like Dunk but if I was trying to include Doran, I'm happy with this top 7.

@OP - We really need to see him score some runs for Tassie first. Lets see how he handles Johnson, Coulter-Nile, Behrendorff etc in the Shield with an attacking field (if he gets picked).

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah I'm just not convinced that Dunk is a FC opener, and I'd rather invest FC time in Doran at 6 than Dunk.

brockley

International Captain
He really looked up against it against Johnson,good experience for him,but worried how he not converted starts.Maybe a year to 6 months for maybe when he is ready.That said Tassie will probably pick him.

adub

International Captain
I think Dan might be close to it. Could see Paine batting 5 and Doran 6 or even 7 behind Forkers early on too.