• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sehwag retires

Burner

International Regular
Just looked at his stats and saw that he had a strike rate of 83 at an average of just below 50. Most batsmen struggle to keep that strike rate in ODIs. That is an outrageous achievement regardless of the quality of pitches.

Cruxdude

International Debutant
Was such a great player to watch. Still recall his crazy 60 ball century against NZ in Sri Lanka. We did not have Sachin in the team and had to score at a crazy rate to qualify for the finals or something like that. Was just murderous that day! Also his bowling against SA in that champions trophy SF. Love him. ;(

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
You've not even been back a day and you're already posting like this. Pull your head in.
This response is also a bit predictable unfortunately. The question I would like to ask is why you CW moderators/staff members have felt the need to publicly address me on such a post, when I have reported posts from other posters in other threads and I have yet to see moderators speak to anyone.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
This response is also a bit predictable unfortunately. The question I would like to ask is why you CW moderators/staff members have felt the need to publicly address me on such a post, when I have reported posts from other posters in other threads and I have yet to see moderators speak to anyone.
I have no authority on the forum so speak only as a fellow poster in an advisory capacity.

But you haven't posted here for about five years. Two of those were compulsory. It may be expedient to post with a little humility upon your return instead of attempting to assert your superiority on the forum from the get go with rude and obnoxious posts.

You say you've reported posts; fine. So why then post like that as well?

There was another poster who returned after a long exile once upon a time (again a forced one) and though after 9-12 months his true colours were readily apparent, even he refrained from posting like he was never away and spraying about put downs for a while.

It's always baffled me with you. You're clearly passionate about football and cricket (and in your defence appear to have rid yourself of your horrendous vocabulary of years gone by) and enjoy engaging in discussion on them. Nobody minds out of the box ideas that differ from the consensus but when you go round pissing all over everyone who disagrees with you then there's no discussion to be had. State your opinions and argue them until you're blue in the face; it doesn't mean you have to be so damn rude.

To reiterate. My 'staff member' title does not relate to the forum. This is not an official CW opinion and I neither know nor care if the mods agree with what I've just said. But I do know that the decent thing when you return somewhere after a long departure is to ingratiate yourself through polite if impassioned discussion.

And sure, others may have been rude to you today. You've been ribbed for absurd posts of days gone by. Report it or rise above it if you feel that way but don't try and paint yourself as smugly superior to the forum because the forum will always win that battle in the end.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
You wouldn't know if we did.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Didn't even need to use MSN.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
I have no authority on the forum so speak only as a fellow poster in an advisory capacity.

But you haven't posted here for about five years. Two of those were compulsory. It may be expedient to post with a little humility upon your return instead of attempting to assert your superiority on the forum from the get go with rude and obnoxious posts.

You say you've reported posts; fine. So why then post like that as well?

There was another poster who returned after a long exile once upon a time (again a forced one) and though after 9-12 months his true colours were readily apparent, even he refrained from posting like he was never away and spraying about put downs for a while.

It's always baffled me with you. You're clearly passionate about football and cricket (and in your defence appear to have rid yourself of your horrendous vocabulary of years gone by) and enjoy engaging in discussion on them. Nobody minds out of the box ideas that differ from the consensus but when you go round pissing all over everyone who disagrees with you then there's no discussion to be had. State your opinions and argue them until you're blue in the face; it doesn't mean you have to be so damn rude.

To reiterate. My 'staff member' title does not relate to the forum. This is not an official CW opinion and I neither know nor care if the mods agree with what I've just said. But I do know that the decent thing when you return somewhere after a long departure is to ingratiate yourself through polite if impassioned discussion.

And sure, others may have been rude to you today. You've been ribbed for absurd posts of days gone by. Report it or rise above it if you feel that way but don't try and paint yourself as smugly superior to the forum because the forum will always win that battle in the end.
I hear your Mr GIMH. However just to clarify have you read any post I did? Since just to be clear I ain't attack nobody, so I'm not sure which posts you have seen that suggest i'm trying to be smugly superior, rude or pissing anyone off at all. I have indeed made simple and polite posts and usual characters seem to have had me in their minds over the last 5 years and want to start controversy at the very sight of me ha.

I have made my reports like I did in past and i recall having issues with moderators who were close to instigators who didn't do much to defend my case. And your initial response was reminiscent of such behavior, so I'm just looking for a bit of consistency here cause I'm been around CW long enough in past to know what I have to deal with.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I hear your Mr GIMH. However just to clarify have you read any post I did? Since just to be clear I ain't attack nobody, so I'm not sure which posts you have seen that suggest i'm trying to be smugly superior, rude or pissing anyone off at all. I have indeed made simple and polite posts and usual characters seem to have had me in their minds over the last 5 years and want to start controversy at the very sight of me ha.

I have made my reports like I did in past and i recall having issues with moderators who were close to instigators who didn't do much to defend my case. And your initial response was reminiscent of such behavior, so I'm just looking for a bit of consistency here cause I'm been around CW long enough in past to know what I have to deal with.
VM me if you want to discuss further. Don't want to sidetrack thread.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
On the day everyone else looked like an idiot

Was at that game. Have to admit I didn't enjoy it at all at the time, but in hindsight I really appreciate that innings. One of the best ODI knocks I've seen.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Possibly not true, although I just can't see how he plays for India ever again anyway.
Best thing will be if Sehwag returns and scores a triple now. Resurrection! But yeah he said he's going to retire before that T20 tourney in Feb

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Did so many funny things without trying to be funny. Most simple yet awesome bloke. WAG

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
An absolute champ and the best player for me among the Ganguly generation. Too bad he was a lazy bum even when he was at his peak as a batsman, else he would be much better than being called a FTB.

EDIT: Adding that I do not consider him a FTB...

Last edited:

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Will always remember him as the guy with very little regard for conventional wisdom and convectional methods. One of a kind.

OverratedSanity

People calling him an ftb really need to get some perspective. Even if by some twisted BS definition of yours he only scores on roads, no one else in history has taken 200+ runs in a couple of sessions off attacks consisting of bowlers like Steyn, morkel, murali, Akhtar, Saqlain, etc. with such regularity. Just no one else even remotely like him.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
People calling him an ftb really need to get some perspective. Even if by some twisted BS definition of yours he only scores on roads, no one else in history has taken 200+ runs in a couple of sessions off attacks consisting of bowlers like Steyn, morkel, murali, Akhtar, Saqlain, etc. with suck regularity. Just no one else even remotely like him.
meh, don't acknowledge that crap in a retirement thread. just ignore it.

cnerd123

likes this
He was never going to make a comeback to the side anyways, so this was on the cards. Looking forward to seeing him in that T20 Masters League thing.

Daemon

People calling him an ftb really need to get some perspective. Even if by some twisted BS definition of yours he only scores on roads, no one else in history has taken 200+ runs in a couple of sessions off attacks consisting of bowlers like Steyn, morkel, murali, Akhtar, Saqlain, etc. with such regularity. Just no one else even remotely like him.
It also ignores his utter dominance of spinners even in spin friendly conditions