• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

accessing test match special in South Africa

sholtg

Cricket Spectator
Hello,
I am going to Cape Town for SA test and am keen to listen to Test Match Special from the BBC whilst at the ground. To my horror I am told that you can't listen to TMS on a radio there as it is not broadcast. However someone mentioned to me that you could access it via a smart phone and some sort of app. At the moment I don't have a smart phone but if I could access TMS with one I would gladly acquire said item. If you listen to TMS via the phone are you using a wifi connection linked to some sort of free internet connection at the ground or are you using a datalink and thereby incurring large phone charges. I would be grateful to anyone who could tell me about this and what sort of costs it would entail - given you could be listening to TMS for five days! I would particularly like to hear from anyone who has done this and how much the whole setup cost them. Thanks in anticipation.

Grumpy

U19 Vice-Captain
I don't know if the ground supports local wifi or not. So I can't help you regarding data costs or not.

But you could just download the bbc iplayer app and any one of numerous vpn apps. They tend to have a free week trial which should be enough for the match. Some have month free trials as well.