• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket hypotheticals

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Just post questions for discussion

Mine: You are the captain. It's just before the final over of an ATG test match. The opposition need seven to tie, eight to win. You need one wicket to win.

You can choose any bowler from history to bowl for you. Who would you take and why?

Midwinter

State Captain
On reputation - The Demon Spofforth "This thing can be done"

On what I've seen - S. Warne, he lived for those moments

cpr

International Coach
McGrath. You want someone who'll do the job - put the ball on the right spot 6 times. It might sound defensive to prioritise not losing over winning, but in that situation there's a good chance the chasing team may well throw the wicket away going for the win. McGrath will be as good as any at tempting the mistake, but just offers the added control over others.

What about ODI's? Lower the runs to 5 needed, so it really needs accuracy in that final over.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
McGrath. You want someone who'll do the job - put the ball on the right spot 6 times. It might sound defensive to prioritise not losing over winning, but in that situation there's a good chance the chasing team may well throw the wicket away going for the win. McGrath will be as good as any at tempting the mistake, but just offers the added control over others.

What about ODI's? Lower the runs to 5 needed, so it really needs accuracy in that final over.
Id' be the same I reckon. McGrath in both instances for me.

watson

Banned
I'd throw the ball to Bill O'Reilly and crowd a few fieldsmen around the bat. Quality medium paced leg-spin is difficult to score off and hard to defend against if you value Bradman's opinion.

aussie

Hall of Fame Member
Just post questions for discussion

Mine: You are the captain. It's just before the final over of an ATG test match. The opposition need seven to tie, eight to win. You need one wicket to win.

You can choose any bowler from history to bowl for you. Who would you take and why?
Who are the batsmen at the wicket?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Wasim Akram. He could take wickets and also bowl deliveries which were difficult to get away for runs. He could bowl in all kinds of conditions.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
If it is a couple of tailenders batting then you'd go for Warne or Murali surely as top class spin is almost unplayable for the tail.