• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Sheffield Shield Fantasy Comp 2015/16 - Merged Thread

adub

International Captain
I reckon Loosey is well in it. Top order is pretty Meh, but the middle order is good and if there's any grass on the pitch Worrall, Mennie and Boland could get enough points between them to win it.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
So the first wicket of the game was LC c Gnske b Gnske. Curious to see how often this happens or when one player gets all 3.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Yeah it has been back and forth.

You'll be dominating the run scoring for a while and could skip away as the bowlers tire.

Loose Cannon

U19 Debutant
Sheffield Shield Fantasy: Final Round

Loose Cannon - 1072

Gnske - 1045

I guess it was fitting that my luck with injuries would spill over to the final. To finish 27 points behind after losing his main bowler showed Gnske was very unfortunate to lose this.

Thanks again to NUFAN for an enjoyable competition.

adub

International Captain
I reckon Loosey is well in it. Top order is pretty Meh, but the middle order is good and if there's any grass on the pitch Worrall, Mennie and Boland could get enough points between them to win it.
Yeah boi!

Well done Loosey for winning. Well earned after all the work with the spreadsheet. Bad luck Gnskeland. Maybe next year.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah this was great fun. I enjoyed the Metador one too, and I look forward to hopefully seeing them roll around again next season. Perhaps we could do a Big Bash one too?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
What an awesome Final, so, so close. If Stoinis doesn't up the ante towards the end, Gnske could have sneaked home. Congrats LC, the Holland selection was a masterstroke,

I think this comp has been excellent, probably the main issue was the lack of waiver rounds, we could have implemented a waiver after every second round and it would have kept people more interested. One other alternative would to assign a state to each of us and we play the same draw as the teams actually do. Your objective is to just score higher than your opponent, rather than keep track of a cumulitative score.

Thanks once again LC, your spreadsheet document was terrific, easy to read, always accurate and saved me so much time, cheers.