• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

New Zealand Cricket Roadshow

RMF

Cricket Spectator
The fast bowling challenge at this roadshow is weird i went to national results- http://www.nbnz.co.nz/about/cricket/roadshow/roadshow_fastbowl.asp and it had fastest 14-17 year old bowler-Will Londsdale 141km/h??
thats very quick for a 17?year old and the fastest 11-13 year old is-121km/h if u ask me thats very very quick. to quick 4 a 13 year old
it looks like new zealand will have sum pretty mean quicks in tha future

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
Those readings should be fairly accurate because it's being run by NZ Cricket & they'll be using the proper equipment.

141 km's for a guy who's 17 or possibly younger is very quick, but whether he's accurate or not we don't know.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I think it's a good idea. It allows NZ cricket to build up a database of kids who potentially could be quick bowlers in the future.
It also allows NZ Cricket to then take those players & put them into development programs too.

Dick Rockett

International Vice-Captain
Ah, man - this whole thing's ********. I'd love to have a go but according to them I'm too old at 26.

They're quite happy to take my $35 to get in the gate though.

Kent

State 12th Man
141kph?!

Were they using junior size balls? Did it miss the pitch? Were they checking elbows?

If it was 'no', 'no', 'yes', Butler's contract is under serious threat. ;)

Last edited:

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
I was looking around at other venues & it seems as though there were 3 guys from Christchurch who really stood out as being quick.

Generally the top guys were bowling around 120 km's but 3 guys from Christchurch went up over 130.
I'm surprised nobody got up over 130 at Eden Park the other day.

Tim

Cricketer Of The Year
According to sources of mine, Leighton Burtt a former NZ U19 from 2002 is very quick but he recently got injured due to standing on a glass bottle whilst drunk. GOOD ONE.

Mingster

State Regular
141? That's not bad.

But I doubt it's accurate.

I managed to roll a few at the early 120's and I never thought could...

cbuts

International Debutant
its deffinatly out by around 15 kmph. i at a recent developement u19 camp in welly was recoreded between 118-131 (slowest and fastest) according to this i bowled a 138. i know i cant bowl that fast. im not a fast bowler dont try to be.

Craig

World Traveller
Kent said:
141kph?!

Were they using junior size balls? Did it miss the pitch? Were they checking elbows?

If it was 'no', 'no', 'yes', Butler's contract is under serious threat. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Rich2001

International Captain
marc71178 said:
I believe it already happens to an extent, but only at International games.
You are correct Marc, it was travling around the country with the England matches and also it made appearance at a few Day/Night matches... The lad that won it at Kent got tickets to the Natwest Final and met the England team or somthing well he was photographed with Matthew Hoggard in the paper so asume he did :saint:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
And it also appeared at several club venues in the preceding weeks, the ECB/NatWest ran a competition to decide where. Caistor didn't win :(