• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland and Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Anyone following the first ODI? It's been a good contest so far, as expected. Zimbabwe need 54 in 12 overs with 4 wickets in hand.

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah, I'm following it.

Ireland looking good.

I hope Ireland win this series and make their case for Test status.

Ireland Cricket seems to be well run and has a vision of the future, Zimbabwe cricket is moribund and on its last legs.

I had a look at the Ireland XI, and apart from Murtagh, the whole side was born in Ireland. Ireland cricket is producing solid, homegrown cricketers, unlike most of the stronger associates (with the exception of Afghanistan).

EDIT: Would have been good if they could have played a four-day game. Methinks the Zimbos would have turned it down, chance of an embarrassing loss.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Raza did well. Zim middle-order looks solid now with Ervine-Williams-Raza-Chigumbura. Their problem is numbers 7-11 can't bat at all.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
this is good, ireland should beat them in the test series in 2017 and finally make it to the big leagues

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Raza did well. Zim middle-order looks solid now with Ervine-Williams-Raza-Chigumbura. Their problem is numbers 7-11 can't bat at all.
Hamilton Masakadza not being in the side is always stupid. Even if they stuck him at 7 and told him to slog it'd be better than dropping him.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah wtf why is Hamilton not playing? Did they pick his brother by mistake or something?
Nah he often gets dropped when he's out of form. He does get in some serious ruts sometimes but it's always stupid to leave him out, especially given Waller has been batting with a needle for about two years now.

CzechMikey

Cricket Spectator
They've got a four day match arranged against Zimbabwe A. Will be interesting to see who plays for both sides.

Last edited:

Flem274*

123/5
Is there an Auckland Masakadza or a Gore Masakadza to go with Hamilton and Wellington?

How did Shingi end up the odd one out?

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
wheres the value at PEWS?
This game isn't televised so I don't really know what the pitch is like, and Masakadza not playing is dire, but this is definitely the sort of score ZImbabwe's batting lineup is really well set up to chase. If I wanted to bet I'd bet on Zimbabwe at this point but without knowing more about the surface I don't think there's enough value in it to actually place a bet unless they're paying 2.50+ (haven't actually checked myself).

cnerd123

likes this
Good game this. Zimbabwe on track and have the fire power, but a couple of wickets and Ireland are back on top.

Zimbabwe used 7 bowlers, and still didn't utilise Chigumbura and Mutombodzi. Allrounders XI this, even Craig Ervine has first class wickets.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
This game isn't televised so I don't really know what the pitch is like, and Masakadza not playing is dire, but this is definitely the sort of score ZImbabwe's batting lineup is really well set up to chase. If I wanted to bet I'd bet on Zimbabwe at this point but without knowing more about the surface I don't think there's enough value in it to actually place a bet unless they're paying 2.50+ (haven't actually checked myself).
They were 2.50 before second innings started. Good tip (y)