• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Ireland and Afghanistan in Zimbabwe 2015/16

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Good game this. Zimbabwe on track and have the fire power, but a couple of wickets and Ireland are back on top.

Zimbabwe used 7 bowlers, and still didn't utilise Chigumbura and Mutombodzi. Allrounders XI this, even Craig Ervine has first class wickets.
Everyone in Zimbabwe ends up with First Class wickets because sometimes through strikes/players not being paid etc the domestic teams end up so bad for a week or two that everyone who is a professional cricketer bats top 6 and bowls. Ervine couldn't bowl a hoop down a hill; I've seen him try.

But yeah it is kind of funny that Raza who is the ninth best bowler in the side (ignoring the fact that Chigumbura and Mutombodzi have the yips at the moment) bowled his ten.

cnerd123

likes this
Raza's not that bad. He's a poor man's Suresh Raina, but that's usually okay for the white ball stuff. It's not like Murali Vijay bowling.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Raza's not that bad. He's a poor man's Suresh Raina, but that's usually okay for the white ball stuff. It's not like Murali Vijay bowling.
Yeah I pretty much agree with this but he's still only the ninth best bowler in this side under normal circumstances.

cnerd123

likes this
I'm not really sure but I think he was just playing for fun.
Damn. I was counting on you to not only know the circumstances surrounding the football game that cause Chatara to be injured, but also the lineups and the eventual score.

Furthermore, I was half hoping for a musing on how Tendai should have been subbed out on the 63rd minute because, with the score 2-1, Tendai's lack of pace and intensity wouldn't help his side find the equalizer needed, and despite the stability he brought to the left-mid position they would have been better served swapping in his brother Otago Chatara in for a more attacking formation.

Disappointed tstl.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Damn. I was counting on you to not only know the circumstances surrounding the football game that cause Chatara to be injured, but also the lineups and the eventual score.

Furthermore, I was half hoping for a musing on how Tendai should have been subbed out on the 63rd minute because, with the score 2-1, Tendai's lack of pace and intensity wouldn't help his side find the equalizer needed, and despite the stability he brought to the left-mid position they would have been better served swapping in his brother Otago Chatara in for a more attacking formation.

Disappointed tstl.
More chance of someone like Cabinet being able to tell you that IMO.

andruid

Cricketer Of The Year
Hate it when I can' t decide who between the African team and the Associate I should root for.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Great game between ireland and zimbabwe today, ireland won by two wickets. Zimbabwe and ireland should play each other more often, they always produce entertaining and tight games, i think the commentator said the last 6 of 7 or so games ended in last over finishes and in one game ed rainsford, the number 11 scored a six, to win the game of the last ball

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
If this the right thread? Nabiii - Afghanistan are posting a competitive total for the Zimbo's.