• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket in Nepal???

Langeveldt

Soutie
nibblet said:
Do the actually have flat fields to play cricket on in Nepal. All I can think of is mountains for miles and miles, with no flat land anywhere.

A lot of the country is very very flat land in the Ganges basin AFAIK, and the Himalayas form the border with China... Although the capital Kathmandau is quite high up...

thierry henry

International Coach
nibblet said:
thierry. when we played under 15s, I clearly remember being 15 during my second season in that grade. Wouldn't you have turned 16 before the end of that second season???
Ok nibblet, I'll say this slowly for the benefit of you and everybody else.

The season was 2000/01. In those days the cut-off date was June 1 (if you remember, it was changed to September 1 the following season). You turned 15 on June 11 2000. Therefore, on the cut-off date of June 1 2000, you were 14.

On June 1, I was 15 years, 2 months and 6 days old. Therefore, I was 2 months and 6 days too old for under-15s. You should also remember that a) you were the oldest legitimate player in that team, and b) I had to have a special dispensation to play.

And marc- don't be silly. As if that would ever happen. Doesn't the proliferation of players born in September/October/November/December 1984, alongside the fact that both me and hourn, having had direct involvement in the under-19s system, in two different countries, in the last two years, know for a FACT that the cut-off date is September 1 1984, suggest that perhaps we are right? Especially since New Zealand had to leave behind 2 players who, by your logic, would still be available, when these 2 players would be the teams undoubted stars?

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thierry henry said:
know for a FACT that the cut-off date is September 1 1984, suggest that perhaps we are right?
If that is so, then how come there is a player born in April 84 that is playing then?

The rules would have to be applied consistently for all nations.

thierry henry

International Coach
Precisely why I asked marc. It's blindingly obvious (to me anyway) that this player is too old. It would be unnecessary for me to go over all the reasons I have again, although any one of those reasons is more than enough for me to be convinced that I'm right:P

love_united

Cricket Spectator
Cricket in Nepal?

It's great to see my little country becoming the issue of interest among the cricket lovers of test playing countries.It seems u people are really astonished with the performances of Nepalese team.Conquering over the test playing country once could be taken as by mistake,but if the same things happen twice and thrice ,then there is no meaning of doubting the team's ability.

Lots of the members are interested in knowing the cricket's development procedure in Nepal.Like one of the other members from Nepal had written in this post,Nepalese cricket starts from plyaying in the street.You might be wonered to know that there is no any first class tournament played in Nepal.The only national level tournaments played is once in the year.Other times,the cricketers enjoy their cricket playing in the local games(which are mostly of 25-30 overs).This is how the Nepalese cricketers practice.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
thierry henry said:
It's blindingly obvious (to me anyway) that this player is too old.
The fact he's playing suggests he is not too old. If he were, he wouldn't be playing!

thierry henry said:
It would be unnecessary for me to go over all the reasons I have again, although any one of those reasons is more than enough for me to be convinced that I'm right:P
And the fact I've just pointed out clearly shows you're wrong ;) :P

Langeveldt

Soutie
love_united said:
Cricket in Nepal?

It's great to see my little country becoming the issue of interest among the cricket lovers of test playing countries.It seems u people are really astonished with the performances of Nepalese team.Conquering over the test playing country once could be taken as by mistake,but if the same things happen twice and thrice ,then there is no meaning of doubting the team's ability.

Lots of the members are interested in knowing the cricket's development procedure in Nepal.Like one of the other members from Nepal had written in this post,Nepalese cricket starts from plyaying in the street.You might be wonered to know that there is no any first class tournament played in Nepal.The only national level tournaments played is once in the year.Other times,the cricketers enjoy their cricket playing in the local games(which are mostly of 25-30 overs).This is how the Nepalese cricketers practice.

Interesting, welcome btw...

Maybe we are witnessing the emergance of the first non-FC playing country with a sizeable chunk of talent?

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Langeveldt said:
Interesting, welcome btw...

Maybe we are witnessing the emergance of the first non-FC playing country with a sizeable chunk of talent?
That makes no sense!

All countries were non-FC before the grounding was recognised and their competition became FC!

As for ages:

1) Different rules because the Nepalese campaign began a year ago in the Qualifiers

or

2) A totally unheard-of-before Cricinfo ****-up

Langeveldt

Soutie
Neil Pickup said:
That makes no sense!

All countries were non-FC before the grounding was recognised and their competition became FC!

As for ages:

1) Different rules because the Nepalese campaign began a year ago in the Qualifiers

or

2) A totally unheard-of-before Cricinfo ****-up

I was trying to say, maybe we are seeing the emergence of a country who just plays One Day cricket....