• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Article on Namibian cricket and failure to spread the game

Kenya isn't the same thing at all.

UAE and Oman cricket facilities are cheap. The sides are filled with expats because the whole country is filled with expats. And despite that UAE has had several Emirati cricketers over the years. Not sure how Oman has gone with regards to getting the local Arabs invested in the game, but if you're going to point fingers at a country filling their team with expats and not locals you are better off aiming at Hong Kong or Jersey, and even then you'd be so off the mark.
No you are wrong.I am an Emirati and UAE is filled up of expats but not Oman.Oman fairly have Omani people.

Given Oman and UAE are both countries with more than half their populations from the subcontinent, I'd say it's a pretty fair representation tbh.

UAE had 2 Emirati Arabs in their recent squad too.

We need a dislike button on this forum.
Mohammad Tauqir is an Emirati but not an Arab just like me.There have been some Emirati players in our camp but most of,them have left.Only Faahd Alhashmi was the Arab in WC squad.I hope Alawi Shukri returns