• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Chris Cairns' Perjury Trial

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Can Cairns claim poverty and ignore the case? Essentially say just what Hurricane is saying and tap out.

I mean he's likely to lose, why not just say "The reality of my situation is that while I'd like nothing more that to defend my name, whatever I have left is going to pay off lawyers, there's nothing left for Lalit to take so I leave him to his means, let him do his damnedest. Amazingly, I'm now being asked to clear my name a third time in a court where I've won and been found not to have lied. I simply have nothing left to give." and then withdraw any assets he has in the UK.

Sure, he'd lose by default and then could just not go back to the UK in fear of having property attached but would he care much about that, would he even have any assets there already? There's no threat of prison from losing this one and like he said, he's scorched anyway, this case won't move that dial at all.
He could declare bankruptcy after an adverse judgement to frustrate creditors but doing so beforehand probably wouldn't be easy unless something else has happened in his life i.e. simply not wanting to go back to court probably wouldn't go down well

The bankruptcy administrator could also lay claim to any assets he has irrespective of their location due to treaties in place between various countries so living in NZ and giving the UK the finger wouldn't work

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
he's going to wait till cairns accumulates some cash money before he comes out guns blazing