• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

R.I.P. Lindsay Kline

JBMAC

State Captain
Some sad news coming through tonight, with confirmation that former Australian test spin bowler Lindsay Kline has passed away at the age of 81.

Kline played 13 tests for Australia between 1957 and 1961. A rare exponent of left arm chinaman spin bowling, Kline took 34 wickets in his 13 tests at 22.82, including a hat trick against South Africa in Cape Town in only his second test. However, his two most famous contributions to cricketing history arguably came with the bat, both in the epic 1960-61 series against the West Indies. He was the man on strike to the final ball of the first ever tied test match in Brisbane, and later in the series batted for more than 100 minutes with Ken 'Slasher' Mackay to save the Adelaide test.

RIP Lindsay Kline 1934-2015

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I know I said this after Closey, but it really does seem like an endless parade this year.

RIP

Biryani Pillow

U19 Vice-Captain
I was only thinking the other day that there had never been a great 'chinamen' bowler in history.

Lindsay Kline might well be considered the best one.