• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pick the Other Guys' Team Draft - Voting Thread

Which are the 3 strongest teams?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
Standard voting procedures, everyone has 3 votes, vote for the strongest team etc.

Teams

AgentTBY XI

1. Virender Sehwag
2. Justin Langer
3. George Headley
4. Walter Hammond* (5)
5. Javed Miandad
6. Dean Jones
7. Kamran Akmal +
8. Ray Lindwall (1)
9. Brett Lee (3)
10. Gus Fraser (2)
11. Subhash Gupte (4)

WalkingWicket's WalkingWickets

1. Geoff Boycott
2. Roy Fredericks
3. Gary Ballance
4. Sachin Tendulkar (6)
5. Allan Border* (5)
6. Anushman Gaekwad
7. Ian Healy +
8. Maurice Tate (4)
9. Waqar Younis (2)
10. Michael Holding (1)
11. Muttiah Muralitharan (3)

Morgieb XI

Jack Hobbs*
Andrew Strauss
Rohan Kanhai
Everton Weekes
Clyde Walcott
Doug Walters (5)
Chris Cairns (3)
Bert Oldfield+
Abdul Qadir (4)
Alec Bedser (1)
Andy Roberts (2)

Charter77 XI - Michaelf7777777

WG Grace (4)
Herbert Sutcliffe
Clem Hill
Inzamam-ul-Haq
Frank Worrell (5)
Navjot Sidhu
Adam Gilchrist (+)
Imran Khan (*) (2)
Jeetan Patel (6)
Fred Trueman (1)
Joel Garner (3)

ankitj XI

Marvan Attapatu
Jonathan Trott
Don Bradman
Jasques Kallis
Ross Taylor
Rohit Sharma
MS Dhoni +
Anil Kumble
Fazal Mahmood
Jeff Thomson
Danish Kaneria

NUFAN XI

1 Graeme Smith
2 Bert Sutcliffe
3 Ricky Ponting
4 Viv Richards
5 Mark Waugh
6 Peter May
7 Rod Marsh
8 Malcolm Marshall
9 Allan Donald
10 Brian Statham
11 Lance Gibbs

Red Hill XI

Gordon Greenidge ^
Matthew Hayden ^
Hashim Amla
Brian Lara ^
Kevin Pietersen
Les Ames +
Chris Tavare
Richard Hadlee (1)
Harold Larwood (2)
Courtney Walsh (3)
Stuart MacGill (4)

Yaar Bharose CricZo XI - KingKallis

1. Len Hutton /
2. Mark Richardson /
3. David Boon / &
4. Colin Cowdrey /
5. Ajinkya Rahane /
6. VVS Laxman /
7. Alan Knott + /
8. Shaun Pollock o /
9. Richie Benaud o /
10. Wasim Akram o /
11. Glenn McGrath o

The incredible strategy for the incredible team and that's the incredible XI - AndyZaltzHair

1. Bill Ponsford
2. Ian Bell
3. Robin Smith
4. Graeme Pollock
5. Shiv Chanderpaul
6. John Waite +
7. McGregor
8. Alan Davidson
9. Shane Warne
10. Tim Southee
11. Mo Asif

Aldo XI

01. Desmond Haynes
02. Arthur Morris
03. Kumara Sangakkara
04. Younis Khan
05. Neil Harvey
06. Steve Waugh* [5]
07. Dinesh Karthik+
08. Stuart Broad [3]
09. Johnny Wardle [4]
10. Curtly Ambrose [1]
11. S F Barnes [2]

3 Bowler XI

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Farokh Engineer+
3. Rahul Dravid
4. Greg Chappell
5. Ken Barrington
6. Clive "Supercat" Lloyd (c)
7. Boeta Dippenaar
8. Ravi Shastri
9. Dennis Lillee (2)
10. Bill O'Reilly (3)
11. Dale Steyn (1)

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
My votes go for:

Red Hill: Seriously good side. Batting line-up is really, really good, power up top, sheer skill with Amla & Lara, dynamism with KP and a quality WK-batsman in Ames. Tavare at 7 is not an ideal pick, but could do a stoic job with the tail. Hadlee is an ATG all-rounder, and boosts the batting and the bowling. Larwood and Walsh add a touch of fire, whilst Macgill could have been an ATG in another generation.
NUFAN XI: Talent all through the team, particularly in the bowling. With Marshall, Donald, Statham & Gibbs, there's an attack that can bowl out anyone, and the batting is quality with Smith and Sutcliffe up top. Punter adds the grit at number 3, whilst Viv provides the power. May and Waugh are both quality at five and six, and Marsh is a decent keeper. Would go toe-to-toe with Red Hill's XI.
Aldo XI: More difficult to select the 3rd team, but I like this team. I like Sanga and Younis at 3 and 4, and the three Aussies are really strong. Karthik is perhaps the only weak-link (something which Red & NUFAN don't really have), but he's a capable batsman and gloveman. The bowling has one of the best spinners, and two of the best fast bowlers - as well as Stuart Broad.

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
There are several in Nufan's lot that I don't like very much, but I have to concede it's the strongest team - honourable mentions to all the others, but especially Red Hill's and Aldo's, who get the other two fertang votes

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
My team not getting a single vote is yet another proof that Bradman was a hack. CW finally concurs.

watson

Banned
NUFAN and Red Hill's teams are probably the strongest, but Morgieb's is my favourite by a distance.

Hobbs, Kanhai, the 3 x Ws, plus Qadir and Oldfield together are all very easy on the eye. Roberts and Bedser outstanding.

Last edited:

kingkallis

International Coach
I thought my team was much more balanced and had a decent chance but then I noticed Red Hill and Nufan's teams.

Ankit, never pick Bradman when you are at the mercy of somebody else for your other 10 players. ;)

Last edited:

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
S***, totally forgot about this. If anyone cares, Red Hill's XI runs away with it, with NUFAN in second. Cheers everyone.