• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Moments(whether a ball, over or innings) in cricket nobody talks about that you love

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I like, in general, the end of the first over (whether it be ODIs or Tests). There's something about seeing the early nerves settle and the real contest beginning that I enjoy.

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
Oh, another random one that I doubt I'll ever be able to find again, was Allan Mullally hitting like 16 against Australia in the 98/99 series in the 4th test. It was the first time I'd ever seen a tailender 'hit out' and the barmy army were chanting his name and I remember thinking it was awesome because I had been conditioned to like, expect tailenders to always suck. I talk about this series waaaay too much on this site but it holds such a special place in my heart
I remember that well. He had just come off a few consecutive ducks I think so there was a bit of humour ramping up his walk out to bat. Hit a few 4s iirc, much to everyones amusement.

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
yeah sounds about right. I wish I could find it. Flem actually hit 70 in the first test(the first test I ever watched) but I stopped watching that innings when Waugh got out

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
One of moments I really loved when I was younger was at Brisbane during the 06 whitewash McGrath almost got two in a row when Ponting literally went horizontal at full tilt to get this edge. Think he pulled this off next year off Jamie How actually.

5:30

Days of Grace

International Captain
Dion Nash's ramp shot that hit the rope against South Africa in 1997/98.

New Zealand were 130/6 chasing 300 and almost got there. Was extraordinary viewing.