• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phil Simmons no longer in charge of the West Indies

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
Not selecting Pollard for a ODI series is not the worst selection decision TBH. After 91 ODIs the guy has a batting average of 25 and bowling average of 38 with economy 5.57. He's an important batsman in a T20 team, but he's a dud in ODI - not good enough to bat in top 6 and not good enough to bowl close to 10 overs
That avg is bad when you're batting in the top 5 or 6... But pollard comes in at 8-9 at times. He actually avg 40 against AUS with two centuries against them.

When he comes in early enough to bat his avg is actually 35 - so when he comes in is very important to his avg. Again this is just another example of poor management by WI because pollard has been successful against all types of bowling attacks in t20 so i'm not sure why he can't do it for WI.

Batting records | One-Day Internationals | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo

Ilovecric

U19 Cricketer
yeah I remember being pleased Sarwan had finally made it during that 291 and now what? I can't believe how little he's played since then
It explains why these guys look elsewhere for security ...Can you imagine being a Bravo who can't make 200 etc and seeing someone doing so well then ignored for some BS reasons ? Many people like to think WI players play better in the IPL and they only play for money etc but it's common sense why they seem to perform better - it's just a better atmosphere and a sense your efforts will be rewarded.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I like Lara but how the **** do you manage to mention him every third post or so?

Pardon me for bringing up the last great player of the side whose board made him walk away and have now written their latest chapter on stupidity. And since you recall my posts so well, go back and find when I last mentioned Lara where it was not called for...

Last edited:

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Pardon me for bringing up the last great player of the side whose board made him walk away and have now written their latest chapter on stupidity. And since you recall my posts so well, go back and find when I last mentioned Lara where it was not called for...
Chanderrrrrrrrrs

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah but at least there was some kinda selectorial debate about him, given how his recent form was in that series against England.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
I honestly believe that at least four of the regional countries could perform better internationally than the WI team these days. The WI board operates much in the way of the Kremlin.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Who's the genius at CA who gave the West Indies top billing for the summer? I know we offered not a lot at Brisbane but surely we're a better pull than a bunch of blokes on a rum trip.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Agree with Steve. It's most likely going to be a very noncompetitive series against WI this summer & the Kiwis deserved top billing. And now the 'Windies selectors have picked the exact same Test squad that lost to SL without Simmons at the helm. Unfortunately, here in Australia, I very much doubt they can turn this around. Even with the influence of Phil.

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
They will bat on slow roads most likely. That will help the Aussie bats extend the games into days 3 and maybe 4.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Who's the genius at CA who gave the West Indies top billing for the summer? I know we offered not a lot at Brisbane but surely we're a better pull than a bunch of blokes on a rum trip.
To be fair, would have been done a fair while ago.

Which only makes it a 99% wrong.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The Windies are a ****ing disgrace, but I don't see how it can get much worse than what NZ have put on.

Worst Australian summer of cricket in my lifetime is a lock from here.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Summer from now on will just rotate between India and England, with SA then sprinkled in between every 4 years.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Jono is right. It's going to get very repetitive throughout the foreseeable future. Although I am glad to hear Pakistan will be touring in '16/'17.

Anyone know who's touring with them?