• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test centuries in the Sub Continent since 2000

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
The complete list:
-

All SC decks are roads, you see :ph34r:

In all seriousness, what are they? Sehwag's big one against Murali/Mendis in SL the obvious one to mention upfront, and I still have a soft spot for Hayden's 203 in 2001.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
When it comes to the best century scored in the subcontinent whilst wearing a floppy hat, there can only be one winner.

The mighty McIntosh.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
You could practically list all of Sehwag's subcontiental tons here and none of them would look out of place lol. Honestly don't even know where to start.

Sehwag's 155 against McWarne in Chennai definitely in the top 5 for mine, VVS's 281 the obvious #1 and Sehwag's double in Galle a sureshot #2, beyond that I would actually have to re-collect some non Indian batsmen who've scored well. Amla, Hayden, Jayawardene and KP some of the names that pop up right away.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Pietersen in 2012 has to be very close to the top. Was an absolute minefield and he played the most sublimely entertaining innings on it.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
yeah KP Mumbai was just unbelievable. best since in this current decade imo (talking all knocks btw not just subcontinent).

EDIT: Hmmm maybe McCullum's

Last edited:

morgieb

Given how Kiwi centric this forum is now I'm surprised no-one mentioned Fleming's 274*.

Zinzan

Well you just have. Good enough for me...away vs. SL & Murali around his best period when he was ripping through virtually any team who turned up there. Has to be among the discussion.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Given how Kiwi centric this forum is now I'm surprised no-one mentioned Fleming's 274*.
Given how 274* centric Flem is, I am not surprised everyone left the honors for him :happy:

As for the rest:

1. VVS 281
2. Sehwag 201
3. KP 186

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

For pure hilarious devastation Sehwag's 293 has to be up there. One of the most ridiculous knocks I've ever seen. Thing with Sehwag is, he played so many of those knocks where he took the mickey that its maybe too much for people to process correctly. On the rare occasion that guys like Amla or Clarke go after the bowling and score at a great pace, people go crazy for it. For Sehwag it was routine to the point of being mundane.

Last edited:

TheJediBrah

A couple of Damien Martyn's tons in India 2004

Other than Laxman I wouldn't really put any other local player innings on the list tbh, conditions just give local batsman the kind of advantage you don't see anywhere else in the world

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Vettori's 140 for a poor side against Murali and Herath turning it square on the 5th day. Apart from Kallis who doesn't count, have any allrounders played a better innings this millennium?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
For pure hilarious devastation Sehwag's 293 has to be up there. One of the most ridiculous knocks I've ever seen. Thing with Sehwag is, he played so many of those knocks where he took the mickey that its maybe too much for people to process correctly. On the rare occasion that guys like Amla or Clarke go after the bowling and score at a great pace, people go crazy for it. For Sehwag it was routine to the point of being mundane.
Yeah, Sehwag was insane between 2003 and 2010. If only he was good outside subcontinent, which he did raise hopes for initially after scoring a hundred in each of his first tours to SA, ENG and AUS.