• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test centuries in NZ since 2000

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Inspired by the Aus thread. Why not?

There haven't been as many here, but still some good 'uns among them.

Off the top of my head, and in no particular order:

McCullum 302 v India, Wellington
Astle 222 v England, Christchurch
Umar Akmal 129 v NZ, Dunedin
Sangakkara 203 v NZ, Wellington
Prior 110* v NZ, Auckland
Williamson 102* v South Africa, Wellington
Styris 103* v West Indies, Auckland
Gilchrist 162 v NZ, Wellington
McCullum 195 v Sri Lanka, Christchurch
Hamish Marshall 146 v Australia, Christchurch
Hussain 106 v NZ, Christchurch
Ryder 102/Vettori 118 v India, Hamilton
Gambhir 137 v NZ, Napier

Probably missing some obvious ones...

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
My top 10 in order:

1) McCullum 302
2) Astle 222
3) Sangakkara 100* (1st test 2006)
4) Sangakkara 156* (2nd test 2006)
5) Gayle 199 (2nd test 2008)
6) Sangakkara 203 (2015)
7) Ponting 105 (2005)
8) Taylor 120 (v Aus 2010)
9) Cairns 158 (v Saf 2004)
10) Williamson 102* (v Saf 2012)

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I'd so like to go with Astle just because of the sheer anal devastation that was wrought that day.

But B-Mac seals it for me.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Probably not going to end up #1 but Kane's 102 not at the Basin has a special place for me. Absolute epitome of a Test innings.

I'd have it above Astle's. No doubt that is a ridiculous innings but there's just something in me that doesn't rate it as a Test knock. Which is silly given they got within 100 of the target, but watching it live it felt like a carnival show rather than a let's go and chase this down sort of effort.

Brendon's an unquestionable #1. Ticks all the boxes. Match saving, everyone remembers where they were, mixture of attack and defence, and has the added weight of completing transforming his career and public perception.