• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Slats having a shocker this over

Thank ****ing god only one Darsh at best is bringing us home.

Stapel

International Regular
Legend catch? Lots of ground to cover? What?

That was a regular village cricket catch! I don't think the situation is there to get carried away any longer, guys!

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The point is he scored a lot of runs in shield cricket, got minimal test opportunities while continuing to score runs in warmup games throughout the Ashes series, and earned the right to be the #1 replacement batsman. Fair enough if you don't rate him but he's not being picked based on random guesses about potential or whatever, and people tend to assume he is because he's been in and out of the team so much without ever properly securing his spot (despite playing a handful of excellent innings) and because his overall shield record is poor.
I don't rate him because more than 40% of his test innings result in single figure scores, he has a very moderate fc record, he is middle aged in sporting terms , he is a moderate fieldsman and there is at least one batsman in his shield team that is an exponentially better batsman than him who cant get a game

Other than that, it's all good :laugh:

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
Don't know what it says to him to bat him below a keeper who isn't picked for his batting. Think it's less 'have a bit more freedom' and more 'you're ****'. Best way to become a middle order player is to learn on the job surely

Moss

International Vice-Captain
Just hope the selectors force McCullums hand here and not select Craig. I get why he's picked but not why the skipper would bowl him when he does

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
I've often thought this series it doesn't really suit Watling coming in at 7 when he has to bat with McCullum, Craig and Southee dashing at the other end. Mind, he hasn't really got the runs this series for it to ever have been an issue.

I suppose it's quite good to scatter your aggressive players though.