• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** New Zealand in Australia 2015

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Shaun Marsh definitely deserves his spot in the team based on weight of runs in FC cricket in the last couple of years IMO, was pretty unlucky to not play more in the Ashes or the first two tests of this series. I totally get why people don't really rate him, but some of the stuff I've been reading throughout this test about how undeserving he is has been bugging me. Not just here of course.

Mitch on the other hand has done **** all with the bat.

Last edited:

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
if these two are there at the end everyone here realises the marshes will be selected forever right?
I think with Shaun the fact that Voges scored runs earlier in the series and also him only being an injury replacement for a guy who made two tons in his two only real innings makes it more likely he's only a stopgap. You never know though....

As for Mitch he's at least contributing with the ball and does have the talent to be a very good all-rounder.

cnerd123

likes this
Australia's best batsmen are to come in Neville and Lyon, so I wouldn't be too worried as an Aussie fan.

NZ need a special spell here.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Shaun Marsh definitely deserves his spot in the team based on weight of runs in FC cricket in the last couple of years IMO, was pretty unlucky to not play more in the Ashes or the first two tests of this series. I totally get why people don't really rate him, but some of the stuff I've been reading throughout this test about how undeserving he is has been bugging me. Not just here of course.

Mitch on the other hand has done **** all with the bat.
Faaip,

he scored runs whilst batting @ 5 in the shield behind guys who scored mountains of runs

His test record is deplorable

He was average in the Windies

He scored runs in England vs 2nd XIs

He was embarrassing at Trent Bridge

He's been average this year in FC

I don't want to see him fail but he doesn't deserve to be anywhere near the test team

His brother has potential, he's 32

Last edited:

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The speed of scoring has been such a problem. In the first innings the Australian scoring rate was very slow until 'that partnership', but the rate in the 2nd has ruined the chance of the lights helping us more.