• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Matador Cup Fantasy Comp

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Looking for 5 or 6 others to join.

SCORING

Batting Each Run Scored 1 Point
Scoring Rate 100+ 10 Points
Scoring Rate 80.0 - 99.9 5 Points
Duck -10 Points
Notes: Scoring Rate - Only batsman scoring 25+ runs

Bowling Each Wicket Taken 20 Points
R.R.P.O: 3.50 or Less 20 Points
R.R.P.O: 3.51 to 4.50 10 Points
R.R.P.O: 4.51 to 5.00 5 Point
Notes: Econ. Rate - A minimum of 3 overs must be bowled.

Fielding Per Catch 10 Points
Per WK Catch 8 Points
Per Run Out 10 Points
Per Stumping 15 Points

Teams

Cricket Australia XI: Alex Gregory (c), Sam Heazlett, Josh Inglis*, Ben McDermott, Seb Gotch, Matthew Short, Jack Wildermuth, Jhye Richardson, James Bazley, Liam Hatcher, Mitch Swepson, Hilton Cartwright, Riley Ayre, Matthew Dixon (*replaced James Peirson).

New South Wales: Moises Henriques (c), Sean Abbott, Doug Bollinger, Ryan Carters, Ed Cowan, Ryan Gibson, Chris Green, Josh Hazlewood, Josh Lalor, Nic Maddinson, Kurtis Patterson, Ben Rohrer, Gurinder Sandhu, Shane Watson.

Queensland: Peter Forrest (c), Cameron Boyce, Ben Cutting, Luke Feldman, Chris Hartley, Charlie Hemphrey, James Hopes, Marnus Labuschagne, Simon Milenko, Michael Neser, Nathan Reardon, James Peirson*, Billy Stanlake, Mark Steketee (*replaced Chris Lynn).

South Australia: Travis Head (c), Tom Andrews, Tom Cooper, Callum Ferguson, Jake Lehmann, Tim Ludeman, Joe Mennie, Gary Putland, Kane Richardson, Sam Raphael, Alex Ross, Daniel Worrall, Nick Winter, Adam Zampa.

Tasmania: George Bailey (c), Jackson Bird, Xavier Doherty, Alex Doolan, Jake Doran, Ben Dunk, Evan Gulbis, Hamish Kingston, Ryan Lees, Dom Michael, Tim Paine, Sam Rainbird, Clive Rose (* yet to name a replacement for James Faulkner).

Victoria: Matthew Wade (c), Fawad Ahmed, Scott Boland, Dan Christian, Aaron Finch, Peter Handscomb, John Hastings, Ian Holland, Jon Holland, Clint McKay, James Pattinson, Rob Quiney, Marcus Stoinis, Cameron White.

Western Australia: Michael Klinger (c), Ashton Agar, Tom Beaton, Jason Behrendorff, William Bosisto, Nathan Coulter-Nile, Marcus Harris, Simon Mackin, Joel Paris, Nathan Rimmington, Ashton Turner, Andrew Tye, Jon Wells, Sam Whiteman.

Rules
- Looking for 13 rounds so you have to be fairly active as the comp starts in 9 days
- Everyone selects XI and you can change up your XI before the start of the first match each day if you like. You are only allowed 66 games in total though (since each team is playing 6 games)
- We'll have two signing windows, where you can sign or trade players. Whoever is in last place will get to chose first, first place will get last pick.
- You must pick a minimum of 1 player from each of the 7 teams.
- Regular season only.

Anyone keen?

Last edited by a moderator:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Participants
Nufan
Red Hill
Prince EWS

Only 4 spots remaining.

Running with a draft style. going to make it 8 hours per pick. I know that's not long and I'm sure I'll miss it at times but we only have a week or so to get through the rounds.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Also, it will be too hard to manage and I don't even know the role of some of the CA XI guys really, but if we stick to the spirit of this and pick a reasonably balanced team, that would be good. Like I don't want someone naming an XI with 9 bowlers*

*unless they name their side NSW, then it is ok.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Participants
Nufan
Red Hill
Prince EWS
Morgieb
Adub

2 more people required. We'll get this bad boy starting right away..

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Here is your sequence:

Timestamp: 2015-09-26 07:42:58 UTC
So

Round 1

1 Adub
2 RedHill
3 Nuf
4 Morgs
5 Dan
6 xx
7 Pews

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
LOL. you can go fifth if you really want - it is a bit unlucky to be after two people not even in the game. But.. Having 7th and 8th pick seems pretty good too..

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
LOL. you can go fifth if you really want - it is a bit unlucky to be after two people not even in the game. But.. Having 7th and 8th pick seems pretty good too..
Haha yeah I'll just cop it. I just thought the bolded was funny.

adub

International Captain
Just one player yeah?

If so I'll be a glutton for punishment and go for T Watto

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Probably a needless pick this early on but Ben Cutting

Adub - Shane Watson
RedHill - Cam White
Nufan - Ben Cutting

Howe_zat

Audio File
I'll join if you change this rule

"Everyone selects XI and you can change up your XI before the start of the first match each day if you like. You are only allowed 66 games in total though (since each team is playing 6 games)"

I can cope with a draft for a bit but really can't be bothered to micromanage the whole comp

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'll join if you change this rule

"Everyone selects XI and you can change up your XI before the start of the first match each day if you like. You are only allowed 66 games in total though (since each team is playing 6 games)"

I can cope with a draft for a bit but really can't be bothered to micromanage the whole comp
Okay done. I cbf micro-managing the comp that much either really. If we can get through 13 rounds, I'll just ask everyone to name their backups in order and if you pick someone who gets injured or dropped he can be auto-subbed.

Up next.

morgie > dan > howe