• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Centuries in Australia since 2000

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
cricket.com.au have run a 5 part series recently naming the top 15 Test centuries this century. Apparently there have been 202 tons in this time.

The best centuries in Australia since 2000 15-13 | cricket.com.au

The best centuries in Australia since 2000 12-10 | cricket.com.au

The best centuries in Australia since 2000 9-7 | cricket.com.au

The best centuries in Australia since 2000 6-4 | cricket.com.au

The best centuries in Australia since 2000 3-1| cricket.com.au

Overall, I think the analysis was good - any obvious centuries overlooked?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Where's Dravid's 233? Should be in the top 5 surely.
I thought Ponting's knock in that game was better and it missed out too. Maybe due to roady road Adelaide conditions? I know other innings from Adelaide made it too.

I was anticipating a Gilchrist ton making the list, but not really sure which one would have.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Sure, the pitch was a road and the attack was lame by aussie standards but there's no excuse to not put that in such a list, surely. The situation of the match made it an ATG knock.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Sure, the pitch was a road and the attack was lame by aussie standards but there's no excuse to not put that in such a list, surely. The situation of the match made it an ATG knock.
I don't think that Dravid's knock was better than any of the tons scored by non-Australians that made the list.

I thought that Vaughan's 180+ at the SCG was very good and missed out.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Warner's should be rated higher IMO. That's a gun bowling attack on a green pitch in the fourth innings and he almost single-handedly pulled it off.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Warner's should be rated higher IMO. That's a gun bowling attack on a green pitch in the fourth innings and he almost single-handedly pulled it off.
Yeh but

Eight runs. That’s all that prevented David Warner’s debut Test century from being somewhere near the top five of this list, maybe even the top three. It's probably a flaw in the voting criteria, but the lingering memory from Hobart on December 12, 2011 is not that of a breakout performance from a rookie opening batsman, but of an historic New Zealand triumph.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
One of Dravid 2003 Adelaide and Hussey 2005 MCG should be there ahead of Steve Waugh's.

adub

International Captain
Gilly's SCG ton in 2003 was better than Tugger's for mine, but it was a game for great knocks with Vaughan putting on a masterclass later the same day.

The Battlers Prince

International Vice-Captain
It sounds as though it was done off of ratings, similar method to DoG's list with a personal touch.
I might be in the minority, but Tendulkar's knock that is in there seems a out of place. He was out of form in the series but it wasn't a tough bowling attack. I was surprised at innings like Collingwoods in Adelaide or Gilly's in Perth beaten by this one. For me anyway

OverratedSanity

It sounds as though it was done off of ratings, similar method to DoG's list with a personal touch.
I might be in the minority, but Tendulkar's knock that is in there seems a out of place. He was out of form in the series but it wasn't a tough bowling attack. I was surprised at innings like Collingwoods in Adelaide or Gilly's in Perth beaten by this one. For me anyway
Yeah, Tendulkar's 241 way too high. If you wanted a post 2000 Tendulkar hundred in the list, the 153 at Adelaide in 2008 was a better choice. Some awesome strokeplay in there.

Also, Clarke's triple obviously doesn't desrve the no.1 spot imo.

Dravid at Adelaide, Hussey's at the MCG, Barath's debut ton, Clarke's 230 vs SA all pretty glaring omissions.

Zinzan

Whether they were trailing or not, does seem a little strange the no.1 century would be against the attack of Zaheer Khan, Umesh Yadav, Ishant Sharma, Ravichandran Ashwin. Especially given some of the great bowling attacks that have been in Aust since 2000. SA of 2008 in particular.. then again it is http://www.cricket.com.au's article.