• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Best Test Centuries in Australia since 2000

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I saw all of Ponting's MCG ton live in 2003. Didn't think it was the third best ever in this country since 2000 tbh.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Meltzer would give Bradman's one day triple ****3/4 and reserve ***** for a fifty in the Sri Lanka one day domestic competition tbh

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I feel like they went out of their way to include as many non-Australian knocks as possible

Which is fair enough, but I wonder if they were just overcompensating a little. Dozens of Langer/Hayden/Ponting tons unlucky to miss out, just don't seem as special when they happen early in the game i guess. Hussey, Gilchrist as well, very surprised none of their tons got a mention. Even Hodge's double against a strong SA attack was much better than a few of those mentioned.

It's good that they tried to spread it around as much as possible (with the exception of any English knocks lol, though most of the big ones were all on absolute roads and in relatively un-stressful situations I guess)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I feel like they went out of their way to include as many non-Australian knocks as possible

Which is fair enough, but I wonder if they were just overcompensating a little. Dozens of Langer/Hayden/Ponting tons unlucky to miss out, just don't seem as special when they happen early in the game i guess. Hussey, Gilchrist as well, very surprised none of their tons got a mention. Even Hodge's double against a strong SA attack was much better than a few of those mentioned.

It's good that they tried to spread it around as much as possible (with the exception of any English knocks lol, though most of the big ones were all on absolute roads and in relatively un-stressful situations I guess)
Of course non Australian knocks since 2000 are going to be higher rated. They are batting away from home against a combination of McGrath, Warne, Gillespie, Harris, Mitch etc.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Of course non Australian knocks since 2000 are going to be higher rated. They are batting away from home against a combination of McGrath, Warne, Gillespie, Harris, Mitch etc.
Funny if you actually look back through them, McGrath, Warne or Harris never (?) pop up in the bowling attacks and Gillespie only once or twice.

Though that's probably because no one hardly ever made 100 against them . . .

Playing away from home should be harder though I guess

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Funny if you actually look back through them, McGrath, Warne or Harris never (?) pop up in the bowling attacks and Gillespie only once or twice.

Though that's probably because no one hardly ever made 100 against them . . .

Playing away from home should be harder though I guess

Who do you think Lara was blasting during his 226? And Gillespie was around in a number of those knocks. Did you even read the links and see which knocks we are talking about?