• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Steve Smith vs Kane Williamson

NZTailender

I can't believe I ate the whole thing
I just like the way Smith started his Test career as a leg-spinner who batted at No.8 /9 but soon ended up as cricket's premier batsman.

1st Test: Australia v Pakistan at Lord's, Jul 13-16, 2010 | Cricket Scorecard | ESPN Cricinfo
It's interesting that he started out there, and made it up as high as 6 before being left out of the side after the 10/11 Ashes.

If you look at the time period of when Smith was recalled and became a 'proper batsman', their numbers are not too dissimilar - though Kane has played 8 less Tests.

Smith since March 2013 and Kane in the same period.

#kiwibias #statsmanipulation

I look forward to the Aussies pointing out the quality of the attacks faced etc etc.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
It's interesting that he started out there, and made it up as high as 6 before being left out of the side after the 10/11 Ashes.

If you look at the time period of when Smith was recalled and became a 'proper batsman', their numbers are not too dissimilar - though Kane has played 8 less Tests.

I look forward to the Aussies pointing out the quality of the attacks faced etc etc.
Only six sixes in a 40 match career. What a lightweight!

I bet scrawny Williamson struggles to even hit sixes on the meme-sized NZ grounds (that one time he actually did in the WC doesn't really count tbh) unlike the gloriously built-fat Smith who literally can't stop hitting boundaries with his powerful frame.

Last edited:

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend

projecting much?

Flem274*

123/5
Smiths six power comes from his tubby cheeks.

Ever since steyn hit kane in the nuts during his ton the testicular swelling has brought on his power game

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Porco Ross takes this for me. Kane's doosra hasn't been allowed to develop as we all hoped...

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
I know Pujara batted through an innings - great knock, but he was only playing due to injury. I'd have Warner and Watling ahead of him.

Athlai

Not Terrible
1. WPWB
2. OPWB
3. Big Daddy
4. The Boss
5. Mathews
6. Kohli/Smith/Root/Pujara/Kohli/Amla/Younis/Warner/Cook