• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan in Zimbabwe 2015-16

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
The thing with this Zimbabwe batting lineup is when the Required RR is greater than 6 and you have a decent bowling lineup (which Pakistan does) you'd always fancy their chances against them. They are good at chasing anything at 4 or 5. That's why they are decent in ODIs.

Last edited:

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
That would be very dumb. Bet in play when Pakistan do the usual **** up during the match and Zimbos then **** up themselves. There was a fortune to be made betting in play in this match.

Accepting 16 cents in the dollar on an unpredictable Pakistan is asking for trouble.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Nah don't think this Pakistan T20 side is unpredictable against Zimbabwe.

ODI will be a different story though

Niall

International Coach
Accepting 16 cents in the dollar on an unpredictable Pakistan is asking for trouble.
Especially in a t20 match away from home. Pakistan obvious favourites for next match, but knowing how volatile they are, I'd be astounded if you don't get much juicier prices live.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nah don't think this Pakistan T20 side is unpredictable against Zimbabwe.

ODI will be a different story though
They were 3/30 and at one point during Zimbos' chase went out to $2.80 in this last match. How is that not unpredictable?

Well, I guess they are predictably going to get themselves in trouble because they are Pakistan. so I guess you're right - they are predictably ****.

If you made 10 bets of Pakistan vs. Zimbabwe at $1.15 you'd be in the red for sure.

Pakistan are the epitome of a team you back them when they are big underdogs and bet against them when they are massive favourites.

Last edited:

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
They were 3/30 and at one point during Zimbos' chase went out to $2.80 in this last match. How is that not unpredictable?
Nah I am talking about end results. Pakistan has played against Zimbabwe in 8 T20 matches and has won all 8. And this is a better Pakistan T20 team than those which won the previous 7. I personally think Pakistan is arguably the best T20 team in the world at the moment (including Anwar Ali). They are probably the most underrated as well (and the most overrated in ODI).

Regarding those ups-and-downs during the course of the game; they are part and parcel of the game - they happen sometimes. We shouldn't wait for those situations before betting - because they maynot come in every match.

If a Pakistan win against Zimbabwe pays 1.15 all the time, and one put money in all 8 games one would be in 120% profit by now.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
Nah I am talking about end results. Pakistan has played against Zimbabwe in 8 T20 matches and has won all 8. And this is a better Pakistan T20 team than those which won the previous 7. I personally think Pakistan is arguably the best T20 team in the world at the moment (including Anwar Ali). They are probably the most underrated as well (and the most overrated in ODI).
Who overrates them in ODIs? Perhaps the ICC ODI ranking flatters them at number 8.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)

Regarding those ups-and-downs during the course of the game; they are part and parcel of the game - they happen sometimes. We shouldn't wait for those situations before betting - because they maynot come in every match.

If a Pakistan win against Zimbabwe pays 1.15 all the time, and one put money in all 8 games one would be in 120% profit by now.
How many of those T20 wins were in Zimbabwe?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yep so you've got 6 matches at 1.15 in Zimbabwe. If you put $100 on it those times you've got $90 winnings. Put $100 on the next one and lose and you're in the red.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
1.33 is the odd now...
6*.33-1=.98...so...

Anyways I think I'll shut up if Pakistan loses this game. Also, I'll be putting money on Zim in the ODIs if the odds remain similar.