• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

PETITION:Give T20I status to Namibia

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I think more teams should have T20I status.. but it wasn't just arbitarily handed out (or withheld, in this case) in the first place. I don't think I can really get behind lobbying the ICC to say "well we had these qualification rules in place and a clear pathway to T20I status, but we think Namibia are pretty good too so we're just going to include them as well #yolo". If the idea is that more teams are worthy than are currently given the status -- and I'd agree with that idea -- then we should be asking them to expand the number of T20I teams through their processes; not just arbitrarily give it to Namibia.

That, and the fact that change.org always bombard me with spam for months when I sign something even when I unsubscribe, has meant I'm not going to sign this petition.

I think more teams should have T20I status.. but it wasn't just arbitarily handed out (or withheld, in this case) in the first place. I don't think I can really get behind lobbying the ICC to say "well we had these qualification rules in place and a clear pathway to T20I status, but we think Namibia are pretty good too so we're just going to include them as well #yolo". If the idea is that more teams are worthy than are currently given the status -- and I'd agree with that idea -- then we should be asking them to expand the number of T20I teams through their processes; not just arbitrarily give it to Namibia.

That, and the fact that change.org always bombard me with spam for months when I sign something even when I unsubscribe, has meant I'm not going to sign this petition.
Tbh most of the Associates have expats players and teams which don't have are mostly from Asia.Namibia is one country where they have all homegrown players.No one wants to see same Indo/Pak/SL players play again and again

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah look I like Namibia a fair bit more than some of the teams ranked above them and I think the number of teams with T20I status should be expanded, but the qualification should be still be based on actual performance in tournaments.

Give more teams from these tournaments T20I status? Sure! But including teams outside whatever number you set just because you like them would be dire.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
Tbh most of the Associates have expats players and teams which don't have are mostly from Asia.Namibia is one country where they have all homegrown players.No one wants to see same Indo/Pak/SL players play again and again
Same players? So the same players are playing for multiple sides?

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
He said two sentences making two entirely different points. One isn't related to the other. Look at them individually.