• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

More betting allegations

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
To be fair though Neil, the whole country knew that, because they made a big song and dance out of the fact the schedules didn't help them.

Swervy

International Captain
the guy knew the rules I guess..and he should have abided by them.

he is a one is that Giddens isnt he

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Nothing wrong with having a few quid on when the odds are right. After all, it is only keeping up the traditions of our forefathers who originally made this great game popular.

Swervy

International Captain
i sense some ironic undertones to that post there raju..i hope so anyway.

But what was Giddens thinking of, in a time where match fixing etc is a particularly sensitive topic, the last thing you want to do is place a bet on a game where you may have some influence or at least know a bit of inside info.

how much did he put on?

raju

School Boy/Girl Captain
Swervy said:
But what was Giddens thinking of, in a time where match fixing etc is a particularly sensitive topic, the last thing you want to do is place a bet on a game where you may have some influence or at least know a bit of inside info.
Seems like the ideal time to get the money down.

The bookies didn't do their homework (and as a consequence the odds were wrong) and got stung. They always cry when someone takes them for a few sovs.