• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
the first year i started watching cricket was canberra comets last season. be weird if they came back

brockley

International Captain
Cheers Spikey :).
There was talk last season Adam Crossthwaite would step up for Nevill,depends where Ryan Carters bats,he surely couldn't do a Tim Paine and open and keep.Jamie Crossthewaite moved to Manly club to take up a new job,may take Adam's spot if he plays in the Shield.

brockley

International Captain
Cricket ACT ‏@CricketACT 1m1 minute ago
ACT Comets clinch 2 wicket win chasing down @UNSW_Cricket 5-266 in 50 over trial match with Harriott 57, Solway 51no & MacDonald 33

brockley

International Captain
NSW Blues ‏@CricketNSWBlues 1h1 hour ago
City 0-74 after 12 overs. Cowan 47 Solway 22 #cityvcountry

brockley

International Captain
NSW Blues ‏@CricketNSWBlues 18m18 minutes ago
City 7-269 after 50. Wakim 54 Gibson 58 Abbott 28. Pattison 2-48 Copeland 2-55 #cityvcountry

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So Solway and Lenton are the respective keepers. I didn't know Solway could keep. I suspect Carters will get the ODers and then Lenton starts in the shield, just because he's a bit older and been around the set-up for longer.

brockley

International Captain
Cricket ACT ‏@CricketACT 19m19 minutes ago
ACT Comets 6-188 B Dean 49, M Gilkes 37, J Dean 30 defeated @UNSW_Cricket 133 H Hunt 2-10, M Wright 2-17, B Taylor 2-19 in T20 trial no1

That was last season Dan,dunno what the talk is this season.In fact there been little talk.

NSW Blues ‏@CricketNSWBlues 1m1 minute ago
Country 4/148 after 34. Hughes 19, Wells 35, Larkin 25, Carters 31no, Lenton 23no chasing 271 #city country

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Has anyone heard whether Shane Watson has retired from Shield Cricket? NSW desperately needs another bowling option in their best XI :P

Also, does anyone know when the 6 states select Matador 15 man squads? I'm asking this question more to know when the CA XI can select their team as you'd think they'd need a little bit of time to prepare together.

brockley

International Captain
Shane Watson retired from Sheffield Shield,but not domestic One dayers and Big Bash.
Last I Heard Chris Rogers won't be playing for the Vics,and will coach the Vic under 19 side.

Cricket ACT ‏@CricketACT 16m16 minutes ago
The ACT Comets have won by 3 wickets chasing @UNSW_Cricket 174 winning off the last ball with B Taylor 61 and M Gilkes 36

NSW Blues ‏@CricketNSWBlues 8m8 minutes ago
Country 9/227 after 50. Carters 35, Lenton 30, Copeland 30, McAndrew 28. Somerville 4/37, Sandhu 3/53 - City wins by 42 runs #cityvcountry

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thanks mate. It is a bit of a shame that literally no-one continues to play Shield Cricket after having a lengthy Test career. I don't blame them though and NSW isn't exactly the state that needs the experienced ex-Test player.

Cheers for the update too. I think Sandhu should be over in England at the moment.

brockley

International Captain
I am hoping Sandhu goes 2 Bangladesh and bowl his mediums as well as his offies.The new Funky Miller.:)