• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is NSW Brockley, balanced teams need not apply.

One gets the impression that if there was no CA team, Jonte Pattison may have got a chance instead of Green. Really unlucky time for Somerville to go down. I liked what I saw from his last season

adub

International Captain
Adub why do you need 5 pacemen,when you have Henriques and Watson as back up?
We'll only play 4 + the 2 all rounders. Lalor is handy as back up, but I don't think he'll play unless we get an injury or to give Haze a rest.

I did say Green would get a look in if the pitches are slow (and Bankstown and Blacktown are slow decks), but Green is behind Lyon, Sok and Sommerville in the pecking order. Hard to see who you leave out for a 4th choice spinner when we have three reasonable part time options in our best 11 and we have quicks who can take the pace off in the middle overs.

brockley

International Captain
Rohrer bowls medium pace,not aware that he had taken up spin,I guess Nick Maddison is the strike spinner for NSW then,on opinion.:unsure:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I'm excited to see Stanlake too. I bet he is an absolute bunny with the bat and docile in the field.

Not too many surprise omissions (havent seen Vic or SA squads yet though).

Anyone heading to any matches?

brockley

International Captain
:laugh:
Bank on Maddo then,probably better than Green he did not do well with his bowling at Surrey 2nds.He did well in his warm ups with NSW last season,was always surprised he was picked above Doran.

Another three Tasmanians could feature in the Cricket Australia XI, which will compete in the Matador Cup for the first time.

Sean Willis, Ben McDermott and Beau Webster have been nominated for the emerging side.

Hobart Mercury

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Speaking of the McDermott clan whatever happened to Alister? He was essentially a non-presence last season.

brockley

International Captain
My impression is he and Gannon have gone off the boil as has Ronan Mcdonald from Qld for the last 2 years.Walters is firing tho in England and in grade.

brockley

International Captain
Just looked through the squads again,no Shaun Tait,injured or retired?

For the Cricket Australia 14 who would you pick?,Alex Keath as Captain.:happy:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
For the Cricket Australia 14 who would you pick?,Alex Keath as Captain.:happy:
I'm sure I'll include some that aren't a chance, but I would expect:

Kelvin Smith, James Peirson, Tom Triffitt, Harry Conway, Alex Keath, Sean Willis, Jack Reed, Alex Gregory, Ben McDermott, James Muirhead, Jonte Pattison, Ben Dwarshuis, Chris Tremain

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
It might have been better if the CA team had an experienced pro like a Brad Haddin in it and as captain.

You'd think there will be some pressure for whoever gets the captaincy gig and the team could benefit bouncing some ideas of a guy who has played for Australia.

Of course it doesn't have to be Haddin, even a David Hussey who is working with the younger Victorian guys could have been an option.

Last edited:

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Botha would have been perfect for it IMO.

Oh and don't forget that time the NPP beat Australia A. They might be surprisingly competitive.