• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Australian Domestic Season 2015/16

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Also not sure why SA picked Opie over Andrews. Why you would need a 4th right-arm seamer who bowls 125-135 kph who can't bat either is beyond me.

Picking a spinner might have made a difference. Then again it might not cause Andrews isn't as good as Holland or Fawad I guess.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I'm more on the side of it not making much of a difference. I don't think Andrews is so good he had to be in, the ball was h00ping last game and certainly did move around a lot this game so he might not have seen much of the ball anyway. Losing Sayers hurt a bit but I don't think you'd get much argument from saying the game was lost by the SA batting. Noone kicked on to a ton in the first dig when, even with some swing, the conditions seemed good for batting and they didn't post 400. SA can take a lot from the game and see plenty of room for improvment. Ross, Carey and Weatherald's runs in the game were really consequential and they stopped the surge after Vic had made a mess of SA's guns but got out just as they were in a position to push back. After that, it was the Holland show who I thought bowled beautifully.

Sustained pressure and finals experience of key blokes was huge for Vic I think.

Last edited:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
"Future Sheffield Shield titles would only be awarded to the outright winner of the final, under one of several proposals currently being considered by Cricket Australia to revitalise the competition decider."

Would they play it to a finish ?
It seems to be suggesting that they'd still only play for five days but if there was no result, no-one would be awarded the Shield title. I think we need to do something about all the Shield final draws but I don't think this is it, tbh.

Midwinter

State Captain
'CA has been trialling Dukes balls in the Futures League and in the under-19 and under-17 championships since 2012. The English maker has been progressively modifying the ball for Australian conditions." (From a piece on the The Roar)

So they are not the same Duke balls they will be using in England ?

brockley

International Captain
Clinton Mckay on twitter ends association with Victoria.
Craig Simmons retires from grade cricket,will he play Big Bash next season?

Midwinter

State Captain
Now the seasons over

What was your highlight

Mine was seeing Victoria make 130 runs in an hour to close their first innings against WA at the MCG.

Gnske

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Oh dear, Josh Brolin has called it time gents.

Go well, Clint "I took a hat-trick for Australia once you know" McKay

brockley

International Captain
Has 1 year left with the Strikers unless they payout his last year.
Mckay announces retirement from first class cricket in Australia will concentrate on career at Leicestershire and Big Bash.

brockley

International Captain
Queenbyan 1 of the premier Canberra sides and Weston Creek,but the Canberra side itself is called the Canberra Comets.
The Northern territory side play in the S Australian Premier league with Papua New Guinea,1 of their clubs is Tracey Village I think,think their is cricket in Alice Springs too.

brockley

International Captain
No.In NSW, Sydney play Country play against eachother, closest this we got to players of origin.

Last edited: