• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Who would you rather have come in at No. 6 for your team with 15 overs to go?

4 down, 15 to go, who comes in?

• Player A

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • Player B

Votes: 11 73.3%

• Total voters

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
Player A averages 55 with the bat at a strike rate of 75.
Player B averages 30 with the bat at a strike rate of 120.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Player A, if they average 55 then I'd put money on them having at least some decent sots in the locker, 30 with a SR of 120 suggests a mediocre opener really.

RossTaylorsBox

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Am I chasing or setting a target? What score is my partner on? How many overs does their strike bowler have left? Etc.

Wait until you blow their minds with the fact that player A averages 29 runs per match, and player B averages 27 runs per match.

New poll! Player A will be left not out, player B will hit out and another batsman will score runs off more balls.

Last edited:

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
To make it easier, 15 overs is 90 balls remaining.

Off 90 balls, Player A will score 67 runs.
Off 90 balls, Player B will score 108 runs.

Someone averaging 40 and striking at 90.

There's two of them. Pick one. Then there is someone averaging over 40 and striking at 110 batting at #8.

kiwiviktor81

International Debutant
I'm starting to think that some players would happily take a batsman who struck at 40 as long as he had a high enough average. I call these people "averageists".