• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW draft logic applied elsewhere

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
With the abundance of differently themed drafts springing up recently here on CW I was wondering what some people might think of CW-style drafts that involve other sports?

For example, people could compete to pick football XI's or rugby XV's. I'd be happy to start a new thread in one of the off-topic sub-forums & host a draft comp for many other sports including football (soccer), AFL, League, Union, Hockey, Basketball etc.

Btw I realize that there are sites out there that already do this kind of thing, I was more wondering if anyone would be interested in doing any of these sorts of drafts but with CW-style rules & format?

Your thoughts?

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Depends on the theme. I've taken part in enjoyable music/film drafts before. No reason to just limit it to sport, but I'll only take part on themes I have some kind of knowledge of.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Sounds cool Heath. What kind of themes do you have in mind? What kind of rules should we impose?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I was thinking this thread would be more like..

1. Oh ****, you mean to say that we (insert poor country) can't get any disaster relief money until everyone else has received it twice.
2. Son, I'm sorry you can't have a pet dog, it has already been taken. Hamster, horse, pig, cat, fish have been taken too. Okay, I'll select a lizard. etc etc.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Haha, gotta love those misleading thread titles. I like your application of draft logic.

Do you have any thoughts on a possible football draft or otherwise Nuf?

mr_mister

are there other fun forum games to play? Or are drafts the only option. I really love these drafts but everything's been covered it seems

HeathDavisSpeed

There's sport sims. There used to be the Dev League on this site, which was basically a simulated cricket league. Most of the fun came from the rivalry between teams

(CW Black for life)

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Cool, I never knew of the Dev league. Would you be able to post a link to it Heath? I'll have to check it out.

As for sims, I would be hopeless at running those & have no experience. However, if there is someone out there who knows how & has the means for running sims it might be an interesting way to decide winners of future drafts.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
I was thinking this thread would be more like..

1. Oh ****, you mean to say that we (insert poor country) can't get any disaster relief money until everyone else has received it twice.
2. Son, I'm sorry you can't have a pet dog, it has already been taken. Hamster, horse, pig, cat, fish have been taken too. Okay, I'll select a lizard. etc etc.
3. If your pregnant wife doesn't deliver her baby within her 12 hour window, she loses it and gets assigned a sheep by the hospital instead.

jimmy101

Cricketer Of The Year
Thank for the links there lads. I like your concept there Howe.

Yes, I used to play cricket captain, was (& still is) a cool game. Haven't played for years but read a while ago that the newer versions have a legends format that features players from the past, which makes cricket captain a possible sim option. Not sure how many past players are actually featured in the game though.

Who else has an idea that they'd like to explore? Also, is anyone else perhaps interested in a football or tennis draft as mentioned earlier? If we get enough interest I'll start them up in a sub-forum soon.