• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

artvandalay

State Vice-Captain
Yea if he gets that 50 he could have the records for both fastest ODi hundred and slowest test fifty.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Well done SA.

Game in the hands of the Umpires now - just a matter of the light and how murky they will let it get.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Amazing how often SA take these seemingly impossible situations to the brink. Teams in general have gotten better at it anyway after realising that the "natural game" thing us bullocks, but SA are especially great at it.

Athlai

Not Terrible
AB is such a fricken gun, you'd say he is untouchable in a stonewalling innings and a hyper aggressive one How many people have been have been legitimately the best in the world at forming an innings in such cintrasting ways.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Hopefully we can take this fight into the english series...

What stands out for me is that this resistance cones from a fairly long tour. Surely they should have "one foot on the airplane" by now... But they still keep fighting, good on amla for pulling this team together.

ajdude

International Coach
imagine all the possibilities that could transpire if both mohammad shami and dale steyn were playing. alas,

Burner

International Regular
Also, I don't find Ab particularly convincing against Ashwin and Jadeja. Even today I thought he looked a bit raw against them. Tomorrow I can see either of them getting through his defence.
Man I was right on the money. He did look like a mug today :ph34r:

cnerd123

likes this
Jadeja the most economical figures for anyone who has bowled atleast 33 overs in an innings. GG.

Last session should be exciting. Need a burst from Yadav before Ash and Jaddu operate with everyone around the bat

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah that should be game over. I'm kinda disappointed tbh. AB WAFG. Ends as the highest scorer in the series from both sides.

indiaholic

International Captain
Best Economy Rate for pace bowlers.. At no.1 Umesh Yadav. :unsure:

On an all time list of bowlers who had bowled at least 90 deliveries.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
People on here have tended to joke about "OMG modern batsmen can actually play like this!!!" but it is actually really impressive because a lot can't. It's so much harder to do this when a lot of your batting practice and match time is focused on improving your slogging. Comes down to Cribb's point about how even if we don't care much about limited overs cricket we have to actually factor it into how we rate modern cricketers, because they focus so much time and effort into improving their limited overs play as well. Obvious that came help your test game a lot at times, but at the same time, you imagine their defensive games aren't as good as they could be because of it.

de Villiers is just about the most well rounded and adaptable batsmen ever. Starting as a talented opener, becoming a world class orthodox test middle order bat, emerging into one of the best finishers of all time and suddenly becoming the most resolute blocker around when playing for a draw. Then you throw in his wicketkeeping ability too and there's not really been a skill set as wide. It's probably his greatest strength when it comes to ranking the GOAT players.

ajdude

International Coach
de Villiers is just about the most well rounded and adaptable batsmen ever. Starting as a talented opener, becoming a world class orthodox test middle order bat, emerging into one of the best finishers of all time and suddenly becoming the most resolute blocker around when playing for a draw. Then you throw in his wicketkeeping ability too and there's not really been a skill set as wide. It's probably his greatest strength when it comes to ranking the GOAT players.
can bowl a cheeky dirty medium too.

indiaholic

International Captain
Guys guys.. If Ashwin wins the Man of The Series award, he will have the joint most number for an Indian after Sehwag and Tendulkar. Phenomenal after playing just 32 tests.