• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Still averages over 100 at home. You blokes just have an irrational hatred for him because he gets picked when he shouldn't sometimes; I'd definitely back him over Rahane in India.

cnerd123

likes this
Still averages over 100 at home. You blokes just have an irrational hatred for him because he gets picked when he shouldn't sometimes; I'd definitely back him over Rahane in India.
Yes
Yes
No

He bullied WI for his hundreds. He's never been a good player of spin. Wouldn't pick him in the top 3 batsmen against spin who aren't Vijay/Pujara.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
In all seriousness though, I find Kohli's numbers the most interesting. Averages 44 at home and 43 away but 8 of his 11 hundreds are away. His away record is dragged down considerably by the England 2014 series as well otherwise it would have been easily over 50.

But most of his test career over the last couple of years was also during the period where India played mostly overseas. I expect his home numbers to improve considerably over the next 1 year as India play more at home and he starts adjusting and adapting to the conditions.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Should just troll the world with two teams. A 4 spinner team with good batsmen against spin at home on spinning tracks and an away team with the regular wheel of mediocrity and batsmen good enough to bat on seaming conditions.
Pay RSA, Aus, Eng domestic sides(second XIs and whatnot depending on their relative skill) to play our most promising fast bowling talent from a young age and play an all spin attack in the SC. Use the best out of the exports in away games. Everyone wins.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Kohli's issues appear to be mainly hemispherical

In England, WI, SL and Bangladesh: 12 matches, average 20.33, 1 hundred

In Australia, South Africa and NZ: 12 matches, average 64.26, 7 hundreds

I'm not suggesting that Kohli's batting is determined entirely by the Coriolis effect, but more that we shouldn't rule it out.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Kohli's issues appear to be mainly hemispherical

In England, WI, SL and Bangladesh: 12 matches, average 20.33, 1 hundred

In Australia, South Africa and NZ: 12 matches, average 64.26, 7 hundreds

I'm not suggesting that Kohli's batting is determined entirely by the Coriolis effect, but more that we shouldn't rule it out.
Just seems like he hates to be a bully. All the more impressive for a Delhi fellow.

cnerd123

likes this
Righting Rahane off after 3 matches in India and saying you'd pick Rohit is asinine.
No one is writing Rahane off or picking Nohit over him. I'd be rather disappointed tho if Rahane is actually one of the best 3 batsmen in India against spin (Vijay and Pujara excluded)

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
only if pitches are like the Nagpur one (not all home pitches are like that) - although as I said earlier, on pitches like the Nagpur one someone like Raina is probably better than both, however funny it may sound

Last edited:

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Nagpur pitch rated as “poor” by ICC Match Referee

The International Cricket Council (ICC) today announced that the pitch for the third Test between India and South Africa in Nagpur has been rated as “poor”, triggering a review of the performance of the pitch under the ICC Pitch Monitoring Process.

In accordance with Clause 3 of the Process, ICC Match Referee Jeff Crowe submitted his report to the ICC expressing the concerns of the match officials over the performance of the pitch. This report has been forwarded to the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI), which now has 14 days to provide its response.

After the BCCI has submitted its response, ICC’s General Manager – Cricket, Geoff Allardice, and the ICC’s Chief Match Referee, Ranjan Madugalle, will consider all the evidence, including studying video footage of the match, before reaching their decision on whether or not the pitch was poor and if so, whether a penalty should be imposed.

The ICC will make no further comments until Mr Allardice and Mr Madugalle have reached their decision.

The Nagpur Test was played from 25-27 November in which India scored 215 and 173, while South Africa scored 79 and 185.

Nagpur pitch rated as ?poor? by ICC Match Referee - ICC Cricket