• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** South Africa in India 2015

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
What do you mean? Quit reporting posts or quit posting about reported posts? And when did you warn? I don't remember you warning me for anything like that. Show me when you did it.

Also, please be more respectful.
I don't know if we've warned you before but you certainly take it as a warning now. The report tool is designed to allow members to alert moderators to a posts you find offensive; not to allow them to flex their muscles inside threads. It absolutely reeks of "I'm going to tell my mummy on you."

Feel free to continue reporting posts that you find offensive, but please stop replying to them with "post reported".

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Is the Cricinfo comment section trying to challenge the youtube comment section in terms of sheer obnoxiousness? Worst ****show in recent times... Actually every cricket page comment section is turning into just that.
No this is just a reflection of the general quality of conversations among casual cricket fans. If you get too used to CW, then those comments can appear more jarring.

But yeah most of these cricket page commenters are not necessarily serious cricket fans, (although you'd think they are as they take the time and trouble to post on a cricket page) and their understanding of the game is limited at best. I once had an Afridi fanboy argue with me in the comments section about how he was the greatest all rounder Pak ever produced...better than 'you know who'

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Well, the quality of some of the comments is probably better than what some of the goons who write for them can produce.

cough *Moonda* cough
Moonda might be crap but by and large the quality of writing on Cricinfo, especially the longer features and The Cricket Monthly magazine is excellent to say the least..some of the finest writing on cricket. This particular piece about Ashes and Demons is just one example http://www.espncricinfo.com/the-ashes-2015/content/story/905397.html

Last edited:

Marius

International Debutant
Moonda might be crap but by and large the quality of writing on Cricinfo, especially the longer features and The Cricket Monthly magazine is excellent to say the least..some of the finest writing on cricket. This particular piece about Ashes and Demons is just one example England reawaken Australia's demons | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
No, you're right.

I was actually thinking that when I made the comment, apart from Moonda, and to a degree, Rob Steen, everyone else is pretty good.

test cricketer

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Yeah, her writing is piss poor. I wish cricinfo could get antoinette muller, telford vice or niel manthorp to write for south africa, i enjoy thier writing a heck of alot more than firdoose moonda's

Marius

International Debutant
Yeah, her writing is piss poor. I wish cricinfo could get antoinette muller, telford vice or niel manthorp to write for south africa, i enjoy thier writing a heck of alot more than firdoose moonda's
Vice and Moonda are married.

Although Vice is a far better writer, his writing also tends to be agenda driven like Moonda's and both hold ordinary cricket fans in contempt, I think.

Marius

International Debutant
Moonda means man in Punjabi. Can see why she is always pissed.
Saw a couple of tweets by her recently which made me laugh.

In one she said she was impressed by how knowledgeable Graeme Smith was as a commentator. I mean, who would guess, a man who captained SA in 100 Tests knows a lot about cricket and has good insights into the game. Colour me shocked!

And in another she said how cricket is popular among young black kids and the current SA side's demographics reflect racism or something. I'm not saying she's wrong but a journalist should be able to back up statements like that with facts. Just anecdotally, thinking about the area where I live, there are only a handful of black teams, and most of them are rubbish. I think cricket is pretty popular among black people in the Western and Eastern Cape but it's a stretch to say millions of black kids play it.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
She wrote a preview of the India-SA T20 today which is pathetic really - factually incorrect, has glaring mistakes, and dire in general