• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shahadat Hossain on the run after allegedly physically abusing 11-year old maid

TheJammyTurtle

U19 Cricketer
Must be facing even more charges after going on the run,mustn't he?This is the same idiot who got himself injured twice on the first morning of a test match.

viriya

International Captain
The mere fact that they had an 11 year old maid is kinda depressing
I dunno about India but it's not entirely uncommon in the subcontinent I think. Sounds very bad like straight child labor but it's more like a kid whose parents can't afford to raise him/her gets free meals/school/helps with housework.

Migara

Cricketer Of The Year
It may not be legal, but when has that ever stopped anyone?
The school attendence percentage is SL is 99.9%. Still there's 1 in 1000 children who is not attending school. But I think we have developed leaps and bounds from 1985 onwards. And remember this was a coun try who had child soldiers fighting in the terrorist ranks.

GGG

State Captain
I dunno about India but it's not entirely uncommon in the subcontinent I think. Sounds very bad like straight child labor but it's more like a kid whose parents can't afford to raise him/her gets free meals/school/helps with housework.
Yeah a lot of people don't get this. Begging and living on the street vs a roof over your house and food in your belly. I am not saying it is right but it is better than the alternative.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
The school attendence percentage is SL is 99.9%. Still there's 1 in 1000 children who is not attending school. But I think we have developed leaps and bounds from 1985 onwards. And remember this was a coun try who had child soldiers fighting in the terrorist ranks.
The literacy percentage is great for Sri Lanka. Read it before. Where it's around 60% in BD. Hope our government build on a system based on Sri Lanka's one. The rate has increased in recent times but it's not anywhere close.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh, it's there in India too. Still doesn't make it a pleasant thing.

cnerd123

likes this
Just some time back, we had a similar case with Rubel Hossain. It then got dropped. What is it with the Bangladesh fast bowlers? Any comments, Energetic?
Rubel had nothing similar. He promised to marry a girl and then backed out and the laws in BD consider that rape. Nowhere near close to what Shahadat has done here.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What the actual ****?

Abused so hard there were 'several' dislocations? How hard do you have to beat a kid to achieve that?

Everything around kids disgusts me 1000 fold since I've had my own, and this makes me ill.

Flem274*

123/5
don't know why the BCB have suspended him.

BCB - "Yo Shahadat, come play some games bro"

*Shahadat comes*

*Shahadat gets arrested*

BCB - "lol"

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Rubel had nothing similar. He promised to marry a girl and then backed out and the laws in BD consider that rape. Nowhere near close to what Shahadat has done here.
Ya and the lady later withdrew the charge because of Shahadat's performance against England in the WC iirc.

On a crime scale of 100 if Shahadat has scored 70 then Rubel must be on single-digit

Shri

Mr. Glass
Ya and the lady later withdrew the charge because of Shahadat's performance against England in the WC iirc.

On a crime scale of 100 if Shahadat has scored 70 then Rubel must be on single-digit
On any scale of 100, you are an idiot.