• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

What would your ATG Pakistan Test XI be?

mr_mister

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I cant be bothered doing another poll series but I'm interested in opinions on this.

The batting seems straightforward enough with Anwar & Hanif Mohammad at the top, and I guess Miandad, Younus and either Abbas/Yousuf/Inzy/Mishbah to round out the top 5, or possibly 6.

Imran slots in here somewhere, but where? 6 or 8? Moin Khan to keep or does Sarfraz Ahmed get picked on potential?

Saqlain Mushtaq, Mushtaq Ahmed or Qadir to bowl spin? Or Boom Boom Afridi(test batting record pretty impressive IMO) And though Wasim and Waqar are shoe ins, who is the third(or fourth) pacemen? Imran but who else? Asif? Fazal? Shoaib?

Does Saleem Malik or Ijaz Ahmed warrant discussion?

post your teams lads!

Last edited:

AldoRaine18

State Vice-Captain
I wanna go for this at the moment

Hanif
Anwar
Younis
Miandad
Inzi
Mushtaq Mohd
Imran
Moin
Wasim
Waqar
Qadir

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Yeah I find it really hard to split them as well, but I think that if you're going to use Mushtaq Mohd as the fifth bowler, the fact that Saqlain is an offie is a useful tie-breaker.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd go with

Hanif
Anwar
Younis
Miandad
Inzy
MoYo/S.Malik
Latif/Bari/Moin
Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Saqlain

Having Salim Malik means a significantly better batsman (and match fixer :ph34r:) than Mushtaq and he could roll his arm over to give the other bowlers a bit of a rest. Latif and Moin are tenacious with the bat but Bari the better keeper (recently found out that Knott rated him the best keeper he saw). So a team that pretty much can bat uptill 9 and has a pretty potent new and old ball attack.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I'd go with

Hanif
Anwar
Younis
Miandad
Inzy
MoYo/S.Malik
Latif/Bari/Moin
Imran
Wasim
Waqar
Saqlain

Having Salim Malik means a significantly better batsman (and match fixer :ph34r:) than Mushtaq and he could roll his arm over to give the other bowlers a bit of a rest. Latif and Moin are tenacious with the bat but Bari the better keeper (recently found out that Knott rated him the best keeper he saw). So a team that pretty much can bat uptill 9 and has a pretty potent new and old ball attack.
Maybe Asif Iqbal at 6 if it's not being played in the SC.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I wanna go for this at the moment

Hanif
Anwar
Younis
Miandad
Inzi
Mushtaq Mohd
Imran
Moin
Wasim
Waqar
Qadir
This is my exact team, with the sole exception that I can never seem to decide between Moin Khan, Rashid Latif or Wasim Bari for the 'keeper slot.

Gob

International Coach
Anwar
Younis
Miandad
Yousef
Inzamam
Imran
Bari
Akram
Waqar
Ajmal
Akthar

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Hanif Mohammed
Saaed Anwar
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Mohammed Yousuf
Inzamam Ul Haq
Imran Khan *
Wasim Akram
Wasim Bari +
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
The glovework might be a bit messy but look at that bowling attack and tail (7, 8, 9)

Hanif Mohammed
Saaed Anwar
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam Ul Haq
Mushtaq Mohammad
Sarfraz Ahmed +
Imran Khan *
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis

smash84

The Tiger King
The glovework might be a bit messy but look at that bowling attack and tail (7, 8, 9)

Hanif Mohammed
Saaed Anwar
Younis Khan
Javed Miandad
Inzamam Ul Haq
Mushtaq Mohammad
Sarfraz Ahmed +
Imran Khan *
Wasim Akram
Saqlain Mushtaq
Waqar Younis
Sarfaraz needs to prove himself before he is considered for this side

Can people elaborate why they are choosing mushtaq Mohammad for their sides?