• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin retires

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
So Rad could be a dick. So what. If he had contributed nothing then opinion would be different. He frequently dug the team out of trouble at home and hit some nice sixes.

karan316

State Vice-Captain
I was a fan of Haddin until his conduct in the WC final and his comments later on. I always felt that he ways way ahead of guys like Wade and Paine.

I do understand that things happen during high pressure games, players might lose a bit of control, even the nicest guys have made some terrible mistakes on the field, but the big problem here is the way Haddin defended his actions.

Firstly, he said the NZers were being nice to the Aussie team and that made him uncomfortable, it sounded stupid but the below statement made it even worse.

"And I'm not going to play another one-day game so they can suspend me for as long as they like."
(Here is the link to the whole article I didn't intend to offend anyone: Haddin | cricket.com.au)

I was shocked when I read this. You can not be disrespectful to your opponents just because you know its your last game. Its OK to play the game the hard way, you don't have to be the nice guy all the time, but this was sick.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
I was a fan of Haddin until his conduct in the WC final and his comments later on. I always felt that he ways way ahead of guys like Wade and Paine.

I do understand that things happen during high pressure games, players might lose a bit of control, even the nicest guys have made some terrible mistakes on the field, but the big problem here is the way Haddin defended his actions.

Firstly, he said the NZers were being nice to the Aussie team and that made him uncomfortable, it sounded stupid but the below statement made it even worse.

"And I'm not going to play another one-day game so they can suspend me for as long as they like."
(Here is the link to the whole article I didn't intend to offend anyone: Haddin | cricket.com.au)

I was shocked when I read this. You can not be disrespectful to your opponents just because you know its your last game. Its OK to play the game the hard way, you don't have to be the nice guy all the time, but this was sick.

ICC should have just banned him for 5 tests as a big response F U to his F U...

karan316

State Vice-Captain
What if today is Haddin's last day of life and he knows it, he would go on a GTA style killing spree, hijacking vehicles and bashing everyone who comes in his way.

And then going on a press conference and saying
"People were nice to me all my life, it made me pretty uncomfortable."
"And I'm not going to live another day, so they can throw me in the jail for as long as they like."

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Yes, because being a dick on the cricket field is perfectly analogous to violent mass murder.

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
To be honest, I find guys who are just dicks in all areas of life easier to trust than guys who pick and choose when to show their dickheadedness. :p

Flem274*

123/5
Yes, because being a dick on the cricket field is perfectly analogous to violent mass murder.
i don't know about you but after i got carded for calling a kid a dick in a soccer game in the refs hearing when i was 9 i've wanted to go on a shooting spree and run over hookers ever since.