• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Brad Haddin retires

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
The type of guy who I wish he captained the new matodor cup side (whatever it's called with all the young players). Will continue in the big bash and I doubt will be lost to cricket. Always seemed like a lover of the game.

Last edited:

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
The type of guy who I wish he captained the new matodor cup side (whatever it's called with all the young players). Will continue in the big bash and I doubt will be lost to cricket. Always seemed like a lover of the game.
he'll walk into a coaching gig.

morgieb

Zinzan shoots, Zinzan scores!

Cricketing karma exists and it got Brad in the end for being a massive wanker. I'd rather he have wrapped it up with a string of failures and losses v us but nothing's ever perfect
You think his daughter getting sick is appropriate karma? **** off.

OverratedSanity

Uh, doubt he meant that. More him turning into a joke cricketer by the end. And I share that opinion. Watching him stink up the team gave me perverse glee.

Wish him all the best though, especially with the daughter stuff.

morgieb

Uh, doubt he meant that. More him turning into a joke cricketer by the end. And I share that opinion. Watching him stink up the team gave me perverse glee.

Yeah fair enough then. Was fearing the worst given the cause of his retirement though.

Realistically he should've retired from all proper cricket after the World Cup, his last 12 months or so was pretty terrible. Still he was a good cricketer, and without him the 13/14 Ashes would've looked far closer, him bailing us out in pretty much every first innings was a sight to behold. Wish him and his family all the best.

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Although I do find it distasteful, I won't lie that I too did feel a little schadenfreude regarding his cricketing failures of late.

Zinzan

I assume by bad karma he was referring to the combination of his loss of cricketing form and the fact he was an incredibly unpopular cricketer outside of Australia (and in some cases in Australia). I'm sure if CW voted on a 'complete asshole XI, he'd be one of the first names picked.

Incidentally, I didn't know about his daughter's neuroblastoma diagnosis prior to reading the above, sad indeed. No matter how much of a **** someone seems, nobody would wish that sort of thing on them.

Last edited:

_Ed_

Yeah, exactly my thoughts. And congrats to him for an accomplished career overall.

Smudge

Hall of Fame Member
I wish Brad all the best in hanging his gloves up. I just hope he doesn't accidentally hang them in front of the stumps.

morgieb

Shocker of a post. How has" CRICKETING karma" got anything to do with his kid??
I was already made aware of that.

Just wasn't sure what he meant by cricketing karma at the time. The way it was posted made me fear the worst.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I was already made aware of that.

Just wasn't sure what he meant by cricketing karma at the time. The way it was posted made me fear the worst.
Think you were pretty much the only person in the world who would've interpreted it like that.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I think in the long run his legacy will be 13/14 Ashes. He was sublime in that series.

Top_Cat

Think it's fair to say he achieved more than could have have hoped for. When he was a Comet, was well known for being a sweet hitter but I don't think it was a given he was going to keep for NSW post-Emery. Luckily, his career coincided with the rise of 'keepers who could actually bat and that's probably what got him the gig with both NSW and in the Test side. Was a few years late to both teams and there were better keeping options around in both cases but hey, more power to the bloke.

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
No. I'm allowed to disassociate Brad Haddin the cricketer from Brad Haddin the family man. And I tried to make that crystal clear by saying cricketing.

As much as I dislike the bloke I wish his family absolutely the best, as I do anyone's.

But in a cricketing sense, I'm not going to pretend I didn't take some pleasure out of him dropping Root, being dropped, going out an unrequired player etc after the way he handled himself at the World Cup. I didn't mind the 'we're not NZ' stuff, that was quite smart. But ****ting on guys like Vettori and Elliott, showed zero class that he's exhibited throughout his career.

Last edited:

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
The home form Brad showed in digging the team out of holes will be missed. Retires with the sixes record for the Ashes I think.

Bennyfishel

Cricket Spectator
Apart from Gilchrist Brad Haddon gave me more excitement than any other keeper especially when Australia was in a hole,where he excelled ....which is more than can be said about weaklings such as Watson.

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
I am not sure if he will be missed. Can't really think of another cricketer who disgusted me as much with the way they played their game and conducted themselves on the ground..