• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Shane Watson or Muhammad Hafeez? All formats

Shane Watson or Muhammad Hafeez?

• Watto

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • The Professor

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • Devon Smith

Votes: 1 4.8%

• Total voters

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Who is the better player? Interesting players to compare.

Watson the better white ball cricketer, Hafeez the better red ball cricketer. Who is better overall?

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Watson is an ATG ODI player and pretty good test player so he takes this easily, even without considering the fact that Hafeez is now banned from bowling.

Viscount Tom

International Debutant
Watto he might have the reviewing skills of sheep that's just taken an anti tank shell to the head but let's not pretend he wasn't a pretty excellent OD player.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Twatto had a far far far far far higher ceiling than Hafeez but he never really delivered. Even in ODI cricket where for the most part he was a titan he ended up with a far patchier record than you'd have predicted when he started out.

Overall I think Hafeez has been a better Test player, and in ODI cricket, I think Hafeez had a better last 5 years all round. Watto the better ODI bat by a large stretch and Hafeez the better ODI bowler by a slightly larger stretch.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I didn't know about Hafeez before his recall so I pretty much just ignore that part of his career.

TheJediBrah

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not even a contest. Make it interesting like Watson v Flintoff. In all forms, that would be an interesting comparison.

morgieb

Had Hafeez been Australian I reckon he'd have been lucky to play international cricket.

In reality it's close but I'd still say Watson.

Flem274*

123/5
Freddie destroys Watto

Hafeez is annoyingly world class in the right conditions and awful in others. Watson does the same thing everywhere.

TheJediBrah

Freddie destroys Watto
Wondering when the exaggerated Watto-hate will subside. It will still be years away IMO.

Freddie one of those players loved and thought of often beyond his actual abilities and results, Watto the opposite.

In short form, Watson is so much better than Flintoff it's not even funny. In Tests I'd give it to Flintoff just because of his singular achievements and attitude but even then it's close.

OverratedSanity

And even comparing Watson to Flintoff in tests is a bit ridiculous. Despite being a batting allrounder, Watson's batting stats are barely better than Flintoff (which is a woeful indictment on Watson's batting in all honesty), and bowling wise it's not a contest.