• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Murali may pull out of Australian tour

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom Halsey

International Coach
Murali may pull out of the Australian tour, thanks to the abuse with the 'no ball' calls last year, plus a missile being thrown at him.

While I do believe he chucks, he should never have suffered that kind of abuse. I am fully behind him.

What do you reckon?

SquidAU

First Class Debutant
If he pulls out, there won't be much point in SL coming to Aus. He puts bums on seats. But in any case, I think he should get over it because it is only a small section of the crowd that does it and alot of Aussie spectators will agree with me that Murali is well like by most Australians and we would love to see him come out here for some cricket!

twctopcat

International Regular
halsey said:
Murali may pull out of the Australian tour, thanks to the abuse with the 'no ball' calls last year, plus a missile being thrown at him.

While I do believe he chucks, he should never have suffered that kind of abuse. I am fully behind him.

What do you reckon?
Why do people still insist he chucks??? Unless you were there at the university of western australia (or wherever it was) and saw something the other examiners didn't how can you justify that statement. As far as i am concerned it is an elbow deformity, and therefore a shut case.

Last edited by a moderator:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Re: Re: Murali may pull out of Australian tour

twctopcat said:
Why do people still insist he chucks??? Unless you were there at the university of western australia (or wherever it was) and saw something the other examiners didn't how can you justify that statement. As far as i am concerned it is an elbow deformity, and therefore a shut case.
Because some people have too great an opinion of their own knowledge and are unable to accept illusions.

Richard

Cricket Web Staff Member
But first-chance averages aren't an illusion.:P
Nor is the fact that opening is different to batting in the middle-order and should be treated as such.
:saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint: :saint:

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
No, Muralitharan doesn't deserve the treatment.

I say we eject Australia from world cricket.

Actually, scrub cricket.

LankanPrince

School Boy/Girl Captain
I can't understand the hostility of Australian fans and certain players towards Muralitharan. His action has been cleared and as has been rightly mentioned it is a elbow deformity, I can't stand the term 'CHUCKER', it drives me insane!:!( I understand that Murali will be under pressure when he goes to Australia but it would only hurt the good of cricket if he pulled out. He is a highly skilled bowler and I believe his action is unorthodox but inventive and effective. Something needs to be done about this complete ignorance to talented bowlers such as Murali who feel under constant threat from degrading remarks and actions from fans, players and umpires, the superior gods of the game (YEAH RIGHT!!!!). In an ideal world it would be great if the ICC could reprimand arrogant, stubborn, incompetant umpires such as Darrel Hair who persist in making wrong decisions. But then again in this strange world, umpires are protected even more than players (why???) so justice will never be achieved.:P

Swervy

International Captain
I agree that the Australian supports have been well out of order on this one....and that is coming from an Australian.

Murali is the best spinner we have seen for years (warney????) and to call him a chucker is a daft as comparing Robert Croft to Jim Laker:D

twctopcat

International Regular
LankanPrince said:
I can't understand the hostility of Australian fans and certain players towards Muralitharan.
I can, its because they hate being second best and they know murali is better than they're man, and they're gonna find out soon!:D

Rik

Cricketer Of The Year
Murali is a bit of a winger, but he's also a sensitive and, from what I've heard, very polite and friendly guy, and certainly does not deserve this. I'm sure all the Australians who shout at him when he plays will claim it's just a joke. Ha Ha Ha woweeeee that's bloody hillarious :rolleyes:

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Murali is one of the nicest cricketers around. He clearly doesn't deserve this. Those australian spectators who taunt him with 'No Ball' comment should be banned from getting into the stadiums.

PY

International Coach
Reminds me of how wound up Australian 'terrace' elements were at The Barmy Army shouting 'ooooooooooooooooooohhhhhh NO BALL' at Brett Lee.

Think that was more to do with overstepping but still, not really a cricketing thing to do.

It has to be to do with jealousy, no doubt about it. :(

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
Was about chucking AFAIK.

You have to understand that there's one rule for Australians and one for the rest of the world.. viz Ganguly.

Dingo

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
If Murali doesn't want to come to Australia, then don't come. Quit your whinging Sri Lanka and grow up. I'm tired of hearing of how they are always being picked on when they are just as bad as the rest of them. Murali has a weird action, and weird actions are always under scrutiny.

Status
Not open for further replies.