• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Cricket Wellington hope bumper Basin summer can make up shortfall | Stuff.co.nz

The Basin Reserve will host all the Firebirds' home matches this season, with Karori Park not up to first-class standard and Westpac Stadium clearly not suited to domestic cricket on evidence of last year's dire crowds.

That means four T20 Super Smash matches in November-December, with two Wednesday afternoon and two Sunday afternoon slots. There's also four 50-over matches and four Plunket Shield four-dayers, with CW agreeing to play one "home" shield match away due to not having a second viable first-class venue. With four Black Caps international matches in the city - two against Pakistan and two against Australia - CW hoped to capitalise and continue the cricket buzz from the World Cup.

There was widespread agreement that last year's big T20 weekends at one venue didn't work, and CW was focused on drawing families to their upcoming Firebirds matches.

Clinton also confirmed they would look to fill their two T20 import slots as they defend their title, albeit without the Champions League carrot.

The domestic season makes its earliest start on record on October 15, when the Firebirds play Northern Districts at Hamilton's Seddon Park. It's not an ideal opener, with Northern's bevy of Black Caps including new ball pair Tim Southee and Trent Boult likely to be playing as a tune-up for the Australian tour.

New Plymouth's Yarrow Stadium hosts the T20 finals weekend from December 11-13, due to Hamilton and Dunedin both hosting Sri Lanka tests during that period.
Black Caps poised for pink ball trial in Hamilton | Sport | 3 News

Full 2015/16 Domestic Schedule

Flem274*

123/5
Central Districts to win something. ND to be ok for 8 games, get their Black Caps for two and be overpowered during those games. Enginebury to win the Shield again. Auckland to disappoint in the red ball stuff as usual. Wellington to be less entertaining and make progress instead. Otago to win something and finish top three in the Shield on the back of smart buys.

Plunket Shield

1. ****erbury
2. Otago
3. Wellington
4. Northern Districts
5. Central Districts

6. Auckland

Ford Trophy

1. Central Districts
2. Otago
3. Auckland
4. Wellington
5. Northern Districts
6. Canterbury

Georgie Pie

1. Otago
2. Northern Districts
3. Wellington
4. Auckland
5. Canterbury
6. Central Districts

these predictions are based on zero minutes of research and four minutes of typing.

Flem274*

123/5
jeets said:
"They need to be more specific with their training - it's very easy to say that it's green and therefore it won't spin but you've got to find a way to succeed in the game.

"To say that we play too much in April and May? Well too bad, just get on with it. It's just what it is. If you want to succeed, want to be good and get to the next level, then you've got to find ways to do that, whether it's getting bounce, drift, spin - whatever it is you've got to find a way to do that."
spoken like a man who has to bowl spin in the plunket shield. #r.i.p.inpiecesbowlingaverage

Athlai

Not Terrible
Central Districts to win something. ND to be ok for 8 games, get their Black Caps for two and be overpowered during those games. Enginebury to win the Shield again. Auckland to disappoint in the red ball stuff as usual. Wellington to be less entertaining and make progress instead. Otago to win something and finish top three in the Shield on the back of smart buys.

Plunket Shield

1. ****erbury
2. Otago
3. Wellington
4. Northern Districts
5. Central Districts

6. Auckland

Ford Trophy

1. Central Districts
2. Otago
3. Auckland
4. Wellington
5. Northern Districts
6. Canterbury

Georgie Pie

1. Otago
2. Northern Districts
3. Wellington
4. Auckland
5. Canterbury
6. Central Districts

these predictions are based on zero minutes of research and four minutes of typing.
This is not going to be a good year for Wellington.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
This is not going to be a good year for Wellington.
I find myself hoping it is, if only to stop the Dom Post and Siddons from thinking that winning cricket lives and dies by his involvement (you know, ignoring the previous however many years).

I could care less if Auckland win anything but very eager to see runs out of the likes of O'Donnell, Phillips etc.

Athlai

Not Terrible
I find myself hoping it is, if only to stop the Dom Post and Siddons from thinking that winning cricket lives and dies by his involvement (you know, ignoring the previous however many years).

I could care less if Auckland win anything but very eager to see runs out of the likes of O'Donnell, Phillips etc.
I think we may actually start to rebuild and grow stronger but I honestly think this season will be a hard one.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
I think we may actually start to rebuild and grow stronger but I honestly think this season will be a hard one.
Edgar is gifted. Somehow Wellington will finish mid table even though they may not have the team for it.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Papps!

I'm tempted to develop a Sinclair-like obsession, but he plays for Wellington so it'd be difficult.
Careful, I'll have to post the Papps wheelbarrow again.

So glad to see the back of Siddons, though the **** imports are yet to hit the old dusty trail. Shame the change has come too late to save the careers of Boam, Brodie et. al.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Insert Edgarwithhalo.jpeg

I think I will write a letter to the dom post praising him if Alekz day is given a plane ticket back to the Wollongong A league or whatever NSW feeder comp he was dominating.

Last edited:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
That means four T20 Super Smash matches in November-December, with two Wednesday afternoon and two Sunday afternoon slots.
Would prefer the Sunday, but I am one vote only. And don't want to hold up proceedings if there is a preference for Wednesday.

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
I see Neil Broom has signed a two year deal with Derbyshire, as a local, from the start of the next English summer.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Probably go as well as Hamish Marshall, averaging 37-38 in the FC matches.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Broom's not going to imitate English-style batting like Marshall by dabbing it around though; he gives his drives a really hard nudge on the up. I've always had him pegged as a bit of a poor player of lateral movement tbh, so it'll be interesting.