• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Flem274*

123/5
"Watling should be a keeper batsman" they said. "Don't be ridiculous" Phlegm replied
"McCullum should move from opener to middle order" they said. "Don't be ridiculous" Phlegm replied.
"Guptill should move from opener to middle order" they said. "Don't be-nope, nope not doing it again" Phlegm says.
The like was for giving Raval a chance opening the innings, not banging Guptill down the order again. Been there, done that.

People can say what they like about Raval supposedly only batting on roads, but NZ are screaming out for an opener who can actually get through the new ball. A chap averaging 43 in that position with 13 tons is more than due a chance, especially considering one of the current openers is such a failure.

See openers (minnows excluded) in the last 10 years (qual 1000s runs) by reversed average. What exactly is the risk of giving Raval a chance? Batting records | Test matches | Cricinfo Statsguru | ESPN Cricinfo
I was a big Raval hoper for a long time on this forum but he looks better than he is. He's good for one or two massive scores a season and a whole pile of nothing for 8 games.

He's a guy who will be a test cricketer if he can start putting his technique to good use but until then, we have a minnow basher and he's ***xxayyy

Not keen on Will Young the opener ftr. He's a guy who if he ever learns how to score tons, immediately gets in the middle order. Ross probably has 3-4 years left as well and Young is still a young man.
I have a feeling I knew one of his sisters or cousins briefly.
:naughty:

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
TAB Odds for tomorrow

Centuries

Will Young $10.00
Raval $3.00
Kuggelijn $4.50
Blundell $5.00
Brownlie $25.00
Flynn $20.00
Popli $7.00

5 wicket Hauls
Sodhi $2.50
Wagner $3.50
Arnel $15.00
Kuggelijn $35.00
Duffy $100.00
Kitchen $80.00

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year

Nearly a maiden wicket for Dudding.

Straw man would drag this mp4 of Popli driving hard and ahead of himself to his Guptill folder.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
yeah it needs to be paired with very strong play off the legs
Isn't part of the Raval doubting also based on how many runs he scores with a leg glance at Eden Park Ridiculous Outer Oval.

Does that mean he's good off his legs? Or does it mean the forecourt attendant at the Mobil Station hates all left handers?

I genuinely don't know about Raval's leg side play. But it's surely better than Rudders and Guppys.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
**** that's as green as I've seen in FC cricket. And 170/2 with only Durgh making inroads. Wow.

Meanwhile, the all-Welly middle-order of Pollard, Blundell and Colson just got shredded by Andy Ellis. Bring back Seddon's ring-ins says I.

Edit: though to be fair that surface is nearly as green as the CD one. Yikes.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
First time I can recall in New Zealand when the pitch is actually greener than the outfield. Holy shizzers.

The Hutt Rec

International Vice-Captain
RIP Wellington's slim chances of lifting the shield. But hey, at least we won't finish last like in every other comp this year! :)