• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Essex is famous for producing particularly ****ty green wickets in order to make up for their lack of decent fast bowling options (this is also why Jesse only averages about 35 in CC). Won't necessarily be the same for Henry at Worcestershire.
This is not what Essex are famous for producing at the County Ground at all. Festival grounds, perhaps, but not Chelmsford. Producing green wickets wouldn't do their ****ty-weak batting order much good, really (ignoring Browne, Westley and Jesse)

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I saw Ben's name in the team and wondered if there was a connection. I used to play cricket at the same club as Mike. He was (and probably still is) an awesome bloke. I was just a youngster, rubbish and nowhere near the first team - but he was always really supportive at club practices and about the only first-team player who even knew my name. A really great club man, and a really talented cricketer who could have gone much further in the game if he wasn't so focused on becoming a cop.
Yeah, definitely good for a chat in the bar afterwards. Wasn't his brother a decent cricketer too? Anyway, I remember him as sledging me when I was bowling. Was a good laugh.

But Hutt Districts, eh? Yeugh!

Binkley

U19 Captain
Yeah, definitely good for a chat in the bar afterwards. Wasn't his brother a decent cricketer too? Anyway, I remember him as sledging me when I was bowling. Was a good laugh.

But Hutt Districts, eh? Yeugh!
I don't know about a brother - but yep, I was a Hutt Districts boy. Only for a handful of seasons though, while I was at school. Then a bunch of mates and I joined Upper Hutt on the iffy logic that the subs were cheaper. None of us had a car, so we probably spent more money on public transport than we would have on subs. And spent half our Saturdays lugging cricket gear around on bloody buses and in trains.

Detective Senior Sergeant Mike Sears now seems to pop up on the telly each time someone in Wellington gets murdered. He has definitely gained a few pounds since his playing days.

_Ed_

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Ah, Latham out for 96. Pleased to see another wicket fall, but I would have liked him to reach three figures.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Auckland's seam bowling attack in today's game is pretty disappointing on paper. Like a throw back to 1994.

Medium pace of Grobelaar opening, along with Bates (who is fairly militray medium these days). First and second change are the medium pace allrounders of de Grandhomme and Hicks.

In mitigation - Of the proper domestic seamers: Fergusson who is the comp's leading wicket taker so far is 12th man and being rotated I presume. McClenaghan on international duty. Don't know the story with Quinn, is he now classed as an overseas player due to the cruddy County Cricket policies? Fuller is an overseas player. Bartlett is 'semi'-retired.
That's some pretty decent talent unavailable, who are a point of difference from the dobblers.

Anyone know the story with Brett Randell? I see he played the first few rounds of the A tournament and was then unseen on any scorecards, so I assume he picked up an injury? I can really see the Auckland bowling places opening up like the red sea for him over the next year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
So of the Test nations with youths who often struggle to stay at the crease long enough to make a U19 ton, you're looking at Zimbabwe in 2012, West Indies in 2014, New Zealand in 1996.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah Crowe never envisaged a player like Guptill when he came up with the max zone obvs.

If he drove a DeLorean into the future like Marty McFly, he'd probably have come back and invented a 'play late with soft hands' zone. Six bonus runs for balls defended under the eyes and bouncing behind square.