• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Yeah he must've picked up an injury within the last couple of weeks. He was initially picked in the NZC XI to play Sr Lanka.

Howsie

International Captain
He'll be wrapped in cotton wool from now until the World Cup in Feburary you'd have to think. Would've loved to have seen in him the Supersmash instead of Vandenguts.

jcas0167

International Debutant
National U19 tournament is under way. The U19 World Cup takes place in Feb, is in Bangladesh so I assume will be a spinner dominated selection.

I guess you'd expect G Phillips, Finnie and Clarkson to be bankers for the squad as they are playing senior provincial cricket. I suppose Leopard you would assume as he has been pretty dominant at national youth levels.

Any others to look out for in this tournament that posters have seen a bit of (not just list names from top of the stats lists from last years youth tournaments)?
Glenn Phillips' younger brother Dale would be another to look out for. I see he top scored in their win over ND & had another good all-round effort against Otago. An article from April 2014 when he was 15 hints that he's highly rated.

At just 15 years old, Dale made his first appearance for Howick Pakuranga’s premier team earlier this season, in a Twenty20 championship quarter-final no less.

A number of first-line Howick Pakuranga players were unavailable for the fixture in early January, which led to coach Dipak Patel calling up the young all-rounder.

“Dale has got the character to play at the top level, which is an ingredient that not a lot of young kids possess,” says Patel. “He is a very determined young man.”
Hip injury halts teen's dream debut - Times Live

Last edited:

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
I saw his clean paleo brand in a supermarket the other day.

Not only was it not actually "paleo" (thank god, what a stupid diet trend), but it was also $35 for a packet the size of a skittles pack. jesus.

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Plunket Shield round has started today.

Milestones
PG Fulton: 104th First Class Match for Canterbury.Becomes Canterbury's most capped first class cricketer overtaking PE McEwan.

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Yeah he must've picked up an injury within the last couple of weeks. He was initially picked in the NZC XI to play Sr Lanka.
Excited to see this 18 yr old kid bowling 150ks who definitely won't spend the next 6 years battling injury as he develops and will definitely still be bowling the same speed after several back problems in 2022.

That's me not wanting to hope.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach

FMD. I think I remember that guy. He was playing for TA 1sts in the 2nd div comp years ago. Was an absolute joke having him playing that level of cricket. Was a year 10 iirc and pretty spicy.

Last edited:

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Heh Kelly nicked off to Shawn Hicks I see. That's something I noted in Taupo too tbf; his game just got Playstationy so quickly against the Gaylard and Dudding workaday medium pace. A penchant for razzle dazzle with ramps and stuff when neither medium pacer really demanded it.

vandem

International 12th Man
Huzah. SteveNZ's highly rated Bharat Popli scores first class 100 number one.
Was there for a while this afternoon, watched Popli and Anderson bat. Popli looked organised, turned the ball efficiently into gaps. Anderson struggled for timing, looked like a player coming back from an injury break.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Scores often seemed to change after play that way, but this is the first time I have seen it happen recently (see the 3rd from bottom para).
It shouldn't happen at all. How would you feel if it worked in the other direction and they took away a century.