• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand Domestic Season 2015/16

jcas0167

International Debutant
Rutherford showing why should still be in contention for T20 & ODI's. Lovely six over cover off McCleneghan.

Howsie

International Captain
What's the go with Chapman? Could've sworn he's been talked about on here before?

This is such a bad advertisement for cricket btw. No crowd and a piss poor pitch. Snore.

Flem274*

123/5
Why do they persist with neutral venues for finals? And if they wanted to come to Taranaki then they should have swallowed their pride on night games and played during the day at pukekura, not yarrow stadium.

I'm surprised they're getting any play. According to my sources it was pretty wet today.

Blain

U19 Captain
Matt Quinn signed for Essex? WTF. What a odd choice. Is he british? It's a shame, he was developing well.. Needs more pace but that might come.

Yeah I dont understand why they are playing all the games in the Naki, it's a joke that CD aren't even playing. Egg on the face for NZ cricket, I hope they learn their lesson.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
What's the go with Chapman? Could've sworn he's been talked about on here before?

This is such a bad advertisement for cricket btw. No crowd and a piss poor pitch. Snore.
Decent player, dynamite in the field, bowls left-arm offies. I'd be picking Glenn Phillips every day of the week before him, however.

Dire decision to have the finals series at Yarrow Stadium. They want a 7pm kickoff at a ground not involved in the international summer, I get that. But surely McLean Park, which from memory doesn't have a Test this summer and maybe one ODI, could have hosted?

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Christ, absolutely painful listening to blokes pretend they don't think Skippy is a muppet. And in fact not pretending at all

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Painful way for an improved but still thoroughly underwhelming comp to come to an end.

Things for next year's GPSS:

1) Don't schedule the final in some random place. Award it to the team that finishes with the highest rank at the end of the round robin.
2) Create a window in the season free of international cricket so that the Blackcaps can play (at least during the business end of the competition anyway). Also don't be shy of playing it at the same time as the Big Bash. We never get any decent internationals playing for our teams anyway, and people will be more interested in coming along to watch the heroes from the World Cup square off against each other anyway.
3) Play more games on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. This isn't Australia, it's cold at night even in summer. People want to watch their cricket in the sun. That was shown by the Crowds that turned up at the Basin and Eden Park OO on sunny Sunday afternoons.

Fuller Pilch

Hall of Fame Member
Painful way for an improved but still thoroughly underwhelming comp to come to an end.

Things for next year's GPSS:

1) Don't schedule the final in some random place. Award it to the team that finishes with the highest rank at the end of the round robin.
2) Create a window in the season free of international cricket so that the Blackcaps can play (at least during the business end of the competition anyway). Also don't be shy of playing it at the same time as the Big Bash. We never get any decent internationals playing for our teams anyway, and people will be more interested in coming along to watch the heroes from the World Cup square off against each other anyway.
3) Play more games on Saturday and Sunday afternoons. This isn't Australia, it's cold at night even in summer. People want to watch their cricket in the sun. That was shown by the Crowds that turned up at the Basin and Eden Park OO on sunny Sunday afternoons.
At least it has been better than playing almost all the games in Hamilton like last year.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Decent player, dynamite in the field, bowls left-arm offies. I'd be picking Glenn Phillips every day of the week before him, however.

Dire decision to have the finals series at Yarrow Stadium. They want a 7pm kickoff at a ground not involved in the international summer, I get that. But surely McLean Park, which from memory doesn't have a Test this summer and maybe one ODI, could have hosted?
Gun selection for what Auckland knew of this Yarrow pitch imo. Thinking back to it: George Worker taking a genuinely deserving 5/9 with big turn. The cricket nerd Robbie O making a face-saving 50 after the big Aces ballstrikers didn't like the pitch.

I'd have looked at Vishi Jeet too; if I wanted to completely Northern Knightsify the side.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
kugglejuggle was playing club cricket on the pitch next to me yesterday. Ridic pace and bounce. Shatters any delusion of regular club bowler pace.

Howsie

International Captain
I've watched pretty much nothing of this competition but how quick has Barnes been when clocked? Because he looks proper rapid tonight plus he's moving the ball around.

Duffy on the other hand....

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I've watched pretty much nothing of this competition but how quick has Barnes been when clocked? Because he looks proper rapid tonight plus he's moving the ball around.

Duffy on the other hand....
Thanks for reminding me to watch this game! I originally thought it was tomorrow, then was reminded it was today by the comms while I was watching the Test.. and then still forgot.